How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:23 AM

Default Lost my ilok. Looks scary

Hello guys.

I was so unfortunate to loose my ilok during movement last year. And during the movement, I had no use of pro tools. But I decided to contact ilok yesterday, and recieved answer that I should buy Zero Downtime Subscription for my ilok so I could start the recovery operation. I opened my wallet and payed them 30$ for that. Now, done that they say that since its to recently buyed I gotta go through a "cool off" period lasting a week to 2. december. But I can pay (additionally) 100$ to get this instantly done. If I don't pay the 100, Pro tools is useless until 2. december. If I got that one correctly.

Now, I get a mail from Ilok saying I must contact Avid to recieve a permanent license replacement. I never contacting Avid before, So I stumble a while in the menues and google to find information on what to do when u have a lost ilok. If im correct, I need to buy ASC to to get in contact with avid?? Thats about another 40$.

Well, I don't know what kind of guys I've started messing with, but this looks very serious. I'm kinda itchy about paying Avid 40$ just to inform them about my lost Ilok. Just to maybe end up Avid not want to help me out anyway? There is no free support included when u buy your product? This is unheard of by me. But I come from a small peacefull town in a small country.

Please inform me if I got this right or wrong. I hope this is not as difficult as it seems.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Lost my ilok. Looks scary

Thank you for contacting me. And so fast. Good service, thumbs up
Old 11-28-2014, 03:17 AM

Can I get some help on that topic too please?

I'm mostly in the same situation, exception made for the fact I didn't purchased any ZDT support from iLok. I just got my RMA number and I'm wondering what to exactly do in order to get my licenses back from AVID saving as much money as possible.

Cheers
Old 11-28-2014, 04:18 AM

Guys, the software licenses are almost like car keys. Don't lose them! If you do, would you expect that Mercedes sent you a brand new car if you lost your old one? That's why you pay for insurance.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:35 AM

Default Lost my ilok. Looks scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valle View Post
Can I get some help on that topic too please?

I just got my RMA number and I'm wondering what to exactly do in order to get my licenses back from AVID saving as much money as possible.

Email all of your OEM's asking/begging for your licenses to be returned, remember humility and keep reminding them your a complete idiot to not have purchased ZDT and TLC before hand and you have now purchased them and will be forever grateful if they will help you

Been there done that
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:07 AM

Since I'm only working on my own stuff, only have my Pro Tools and a couple of freebie licenses it, and never have to take my iLok out of the computer I'm not too worried about it...

But if I had several thousand dollars worth of licenses on an iLok I'd be tempted to print out a little "price tag" showing the total value of everything on it, and stick it on the iLok as a constant reminder of its worth...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 11-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
showing the total value of everything on it, and stick it on the iLok as a constant reminder of its worth...

Snd ZDT and TLC is only $30 annually

Old 11-28-2014, 10:11 AM

I have several thousand dollars worth of licenses on several iLoks and my insurance company is most interested innwhat I do with the keys
Old 12-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Hi,

I need some help too.

The iLok that was lost have several licenses all from Avid, I don't mind paying the ASC code, because it was our fault that lost the iLok. And I'm very pleased that Avid could help me recover the licenses, but my question is, Do I need to pay for every license to recover, or the ASC code cover all licenses that it was in that ilok from Avid?

Thank you, Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 12-10-2014, 03:05 PM

It should cover everything Marco. Have all your info to present but yes once it's started (if they can help you) it is only a one time fee for the recovery