Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-05-2010, 01:23 AM

Default Could not complete request Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch..

I have recently purchased a MBox2 Mini. I just loaded the software on my iMac 10,1 Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB of Memory. I am currently OS 10.6.4 so when I loaded the Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 on it would not. I upgraded to the free 8.0.4 online and re-installed. It appeared like the install took but when I open the software I get

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_bookdock/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/CoreFoundation/MacBuild/../../Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileUtilsMacOS.cpp", line 569 while creating "Library" while creating "Preferences" while creating "DAE Prefs".

comes up and program will not open. Can anyone help me with this?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Could not complete request Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch..

read thoroughly:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=54888

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Could not complete request Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmix View Post
I have recently purchased a MBox2 Mini. I just loaded the software on my iMac 10,1 Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB of Memory. I am currently OS 10.6.4 so when I loaded the Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 on it would not. I upgraded to the free 8.0.4 online and re-installed. It appeared like the install took but when I open the software I get

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_bookdock/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/CoreFoundation/MacBuild/../../Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileUtilsMacOS.cpp", line 569 while creating "Library" while creating "Preferences" while creating "DAE Prefs".

comes up and program will not open. Can anyone help me with this?
I think mine used to do this also. I think I ended up taking the .dpm plug in out of the folder and moved it to a folder not associated with Pro Tools and it started up just fine. This was on the original PT 8. I haven't upgraded since.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 PM

I was getting the same error message. Turning off FileVault fixed it for me.

EDIT: To be more specific, I created a new administrator account--with FileVault OFF--and uninstalled then reinstalled 8.03 followed by the 8.04 update from the new admin account.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:28 PM

I'm having the same problem. I tried the different suggestions and nothing seems to work

I turned off FileVault but I couldn't run the uninstall option, for some reason it didnt do anything. So i just deleted the digidesign folders and installed it again but anytime I try to install 8.0.3 it stays stuck on the last part of the installation. I force quit and then install 8.0.4 and i receive the:
Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_bookdock/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/CoreFoundation/MacBuild/../../Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileUtilsMacOS.cpp", line 569 while creating "Library" while creating "Preferences" while creating "DAE Prefs". message

I tried a lot of other things and nothing seems to work.

jwilson: what exactly do u mean by .dpm plug in? did u move all the plug ins? (yes im a noob)

some one please help. A link to a video would be helpful and thanks a lot
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM

Did you end up getting this fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cast7783 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I tried the different suggestions and nothing seems to work

I turned off FileVault but I couldn't run the uninstall option, for some reason it didnt do anything. So i just deleted the digidesign folders and installed it again but anytime I try to install 8.0.3 it stays stuck on the last part of the installation. I force quit and then install 8.0.4 and i receive the:
Volumes/Development/vb_devbranch_bookdock/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/CoreFoundation/MacBuild/../../Sys/MacOS/Sys_FileUtilsMacOS.cpp", line 569 while creating "Library" while creating "Preferences" while creating "DAE Prefs". message

jwilson: what exactly do u mean by .dpm plug in? did u move all the plug ins? (yes im a noob)

Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cast7783 View Post

Go to your Preferences folder at MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and create a folder called DAE Prefs.