Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 08:30 AM

Default random new latency issue (digi002, imac G5)

Hi friends. Quick question with an issue thats DRIVING ME NUTS. Im using a pod xt guitar processor hooked up into the inputs of the digi002 and all the sudden now when i open an audio track and enable record there is a delay from guitar to the computer. In other words, when i play the guitar, you dont hear it come through the system until a brief moment after. Its not even a second. Its milliseconds but its cause my timing to be completely be off because even when you are chopping guitar chords in time with the metronome it doesnt register the chords until a millisecond after the click so TIMING IS ALWAYS OFF. I have 2 gigs memory, its a 1.6 but it never did this before and i dont know if something needs to be set. THe only time it gets better is when i lower the protools session from 1024 to 64 (I think it is) but then the quality is lost and there is clipping and real bad sounds coming through). Any suggestions/solutions would be great because I cant record at all right now. Thanks so much for your time friends. -Ron
Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Default Re: random new latency issue (digi002, imac G5)

Turn on "Low Latency Monitoring"
Old 06-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Hi friends. Quick question with an issue thats DRIVING ME NUTS. Im using a pod xt guitar processor hooked up into the inputs of the digi002 and all the sudden now when i open an audio track and enable record there is a delay from guitar to the computer. In other words, when i play the guitar, you dont hear it come through the system until a brief moment after. Its not even a second. Its milliseconds but its cause my timing to be completely be off because even when you are chopping guitar chords in time with the metronome it doesnt register the chords until a millisecond after the click so TIMING IS ALWAYS OFF. I have 2 gigs memory, its a 1.6 but it never did this before and i dont know if something needs to be set. THe only time it gets better is when i lower the protools session from 1024 to 64 (I think it is) but then the quality is lost and there is clipping and real bad sounds coming through). Any suggestions/solutions would be great because I cant record at all right now. Thanks so much for your time friends. -Ron
Changing the buffer has nothing to do with sound quality^^
Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Set yourself to Low Latency Monitoring and set the lowest HW buffer size value. This has nothing to do with sound quality indeed.
www.tva.ca