Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 PM

Default Noise in my monitors...Question.

Hi folks, I have a strange scratchy hum that comes thru my monitors from time to time during sessions. It's not a low pitch like 60cycle hum or a high freq. hiss but more of a midband interference that will randomly come and go. I'm pretty sure it's some type of electrical interference but it only effects the monitors. It dosn't get recorded into pro-tools when it happens during a session... Would a voltage regulator with power conditioning like Furman's AR-15 help with this?

Thanks,
Chris-

Management-
Old 10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Avid

Default Re: Noise in my monitors...Question.

There are many things that could cause this. You may want to look at the solutions for Mbox noise in the General Troubleshooting thread, as many of them apply to pretty much any audio device.

If that doesn't help, providing a few more details about your system would give everyone a bit more to go on when trying to troubleshoot.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Noise in my monitors...Question.

Sure, I'm running a Digi002R on a mac pro quad-core with PT's 7.4 and my monitors are Behringer truth monitors (yeah I know they're cheap, I havn't got around to upgrading yet. lol). The system is all tied together by a Presonus Central Station. All the componets including my video monitor, CPU and 3 pieces of outboard gear (a compressor, preamp and a delay unit) are all connected to a single outlet in my control room which is on it's own 30A circuit in my service panel.

Management-