Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2019, 02:53 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You mean like a ”Game Changer” as Avid loves to use that phrase ...
The only change i see in the near future, is the hordes of PT users who will change DAW. In that manner, yes Avid managed to change the game.
See what i have done here?

Cheers!

Last edited by Akiz; 06-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
The only change i see in the near future, is the hordes of PT users who will change DAW. In that manner, yes Avid managed to change the game.
See what i have done here?

Cheers!
Hahahaha Love it !!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-23-2019, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I believe sharing confidential discussion is against the forum rules.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg confidential-59387b.jpg (31.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Based on the price change that will take place on July 1, unfortunately, there will be no upgrade reinstatement plan available anymore.
The only options to get to the latest version of Pro Tools, if you have an expired annual update and support plan, are to purchase either an annual or monthly subscription.
There you go. Perpetual licenses RIP.

I am not giving AVID another cent.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post

Well, we don’t know yet, but if this is true than yes, Avid rip for me too. Too bad
Old 06-23-2019, 11:07 AM

Me neither. I will never surrender my perp licence. Rental just isn't a concept that I like. Its fair enough for the commercial users they can pass the cost on to the clientor write it off in tax. But for casual users like me who paid a fortune for an HD/Ultimate licence that hasn't paid for it self, for me switching to subcription simply isn't an option. Given the vitriol across the internet regarding this decision if Avid choose to ignore what their customers are telling them then they really Don not care. As for "massive shift in the industry", They've just made that up. For the record I WILL freeze my system and switch DAW in the future.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post

I think the instead whipping up fear everyone who has a perpetual lic is going to lose it..... something I have yet to hear or see Avid state but only imply these agreements will be kept as long as you keep your current subscription up to date. I just think what they are saying is they will not be offering this type of lic to future new users. They have also mention offering incentives for you to swap... so let’s not run away in fake news presidential style that ya perp lic is going to vanish or be taken away from you. Perhaps they just won’t offer update options.

I just brought another year subs so I’m good for three years. And I’m looking forward to seeing what PT will be offering in the future.... hell who knows maybe down the track you may wish you had of stayed around.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————

Last edited by xrekcor; 06-23-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I think the instead whipping up fear everyone who has a perpetual lic is going to lose it..... something I have yet to hear or see Avid state but only imply these agreements will be kept as long as you keep your current subscription up to date. I just think what they are saying is they will not be offering this type of lic to future new users. They have also mention offering incentives for you to swap... so let’s not run away in fake news presidential style that ya perp lic is going to vanish or be taken away from you. Perhaps they just won’t offer update options.
Yes, and let's not forget there's a current promotion to upgrade a vanilla permanent license to an Ultimate permanent license. I suspect the day will eventually come when they'll stop offering support plans for permanent licenses, but it won't be for a while yet.

Also the information about re-instatements has been so contradictory and confusing, I honestly don't think they've even decided what to do about it.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 06-23-2019, 01:56 PM

Not sure if this has been asked/addressed already but why is it that whenever I return to DUC and look to check on this thread (as well as two others regarding new pricing, subscription polices, etc.), it appears on the second page, even though recent activity should have it near the top?

Edit: ... and still there after I posted above, which would normally move it to top?!
Old 06-23-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
Not sure if this has been asked/addressed already but why is it that whenever I return to DUC and look to check on this thread (as well as two others regarding new pricing, subscription polices, etc.), it appears on the second page, even though recent activity should have it near the top?

Edit: ... and still there after I posted above, which would normally move it to top?!
I've seen this mentioned a couple times but I have no idea...it's not occurring on my system, logged in or logged out. Perhaps a bug and not nefarious? I'm using the latest version of Firefox on macOS Mojave if that makes a difference...