Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2000, 04:31 PM

Default track transfer problem

Has anyone seen this? I have an eloborate template setup for a TV show I'm working on. We recently upgraded to PT 5.0.1 and now when I transfer tracks into my template session and try to open the session it can't find the fades or audio in the proper folders. I have to track transfer my template tracks into the original omf session and then configure a ton of **** that was all set up in my template. huh??? this is no fun really...

benderbro
Old 07-10-2000, 05:08 PM

Default Re: track transfer problem

Benderbro - I am upgrading from v4.3 to 5.01 and dread the situation you describe. Some questions:

Were your sessions created in v4.x or v5.x? If they were created in v4.x did you open and save them as v5.01 sessions before using Track Transfer? Have you tried creating a blank session and transfering your tracks into it?

Other threads discuss Track Transfer issues with v5.01, but there seem to be workarounds for these problems.
Old 07-10-2000, 07:50 PM

Yeah, the sessions start as 4.x and I open and save as 5.0.1. I then am unable to open the session once I transfer those tracks into my template session.I haven't tried the blank session thing you suggest yet, good idea. I'm also going to try rebuilding my template totally from scratch...P.I.T.A!
by the way, the sensor doesn't seem to like the word c r a p! Digi, want to jump in on this???
Old 07-19-2000, 05:50 PM

Well, I rebuilt my template from scratch and change. I've tried both newer versions from the download site and get the same results. Digi, could you please comment on this? Anyone else successfully using Track Transfer in a manner similar to what i've described?
Old 07-20-2000, 01:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by benderbro:
Has anyone seen this? I have an eloborate template setup for a TV show I'm working on. We recently upgraded to PT 5.0.1 and now when I transfer tracks into my template session and try to open the session it can't find the fades or audio in the proper folders. I have to track transfer my template tracks into the original omf session and then configure a ton of **** that was all set up in my template. huh??? this is no fun really...

benderbro
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you explain the problem a bit further?
You say that when you open the session made with Track Transfer, Pro Tools can't find the audio and fade files in the "proper" folders.
What do you mean "proper?"

Are you copying the media files with Track Transfer or are you referring to the original media files?

------------------
Paul Greyson
Digidesign Engineering
Old 07-20-2000, 08:09 AM

Paul - The problem isn't with Track Transfer as far as I can tell.
This is what happened to me and I think its similar to your problem - I found the same thing when OPENING a library template to then create a "new session" (GREAT feature with V5.01 that you can have a visual library with "markers" as your search engine). Even at THAT point when I tried to open the newly created session, it wouldn't identify or "see" audio files in their respective folders - even before using Track Transfer. I think the problem lies with having the Template as a Stationary Pad and saving a new session from within it (sorry if I'm going in circles!!). The way I solved it (tonight i might add!!), was to simply duplicate the template session, turning the "stationary pad" OFF the new session (rename it too) - it then seemed to open fine and I could track transfer into/with it.
I hope this helps - but then again what you have maybe more involved.

Regards - Brent Burge

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Paul Greyson:

Could you explain the problem a bit further?
You say that when you open the session made with Track Transfer, Pro Tools can't find the audio and fade files in the "proper" folders.
What do you mean "proper?"

Are you copying the media files with Track Transfer or are you referring to the original media files?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 07-20-2000, 06:38 PM

Exactly Brent! Thanks for talking about the problem with better words...
I came up with the same workaround/solution so, I guess it's not a TT problem, it's something else.