Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2001, 12:48 AM

Default Can\'t access hardware menu after installing samplecell card

Hi, I am hoping that one of you digi guys can help me out here or if anyone else has had this problem.

I have protools LE installed on my pIII and when I install my samplecell 2 card I can no longer access most of the setup menu (hardware, buffer settings, etc). If I try to access these menus the computer will instantly lock up and has to be shut off. Otherwise everything works, I can play samples from PTLE fine.

I installed them as instructed in the readme file. I installed PTLE first (on a clean install of windows) and with it working properely I then installed my samplecell card and software. (the software I downloaded from digi's site recently) I used the driver from my samplecell folder when prompted to install the driver after booting windows. As it seems the samplecell drivers were older that the wavedriver installed from PTLE. I've tried both installing these drivers over the existing ones and not installing them but no matter what I do I can no longer access my setup menu.

Irq's are fine and I've tried installing the samplecell 2 card in a couple of different slots.

If anyone has experienced this please let me know how you resolved it....it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

system info

PIII - 450
Abit BH-6 Motherboard
512 megs SDRAM
Promise ultra 66 controller card
64 mb Geforce 2 video card
Old 12-19-2001, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Can\'t access hardware menu after installing samplecell card

Do a search in this and the samplecell forum and you will find several ways of trying to get around this. I can access all menus now, but I have to get into my hardware settings through the playback option.

Do a search,

Simon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2001, 01:00 PM

Thanks.....I installed PTLE again as someone suggested on one of the posts (without uninstalling) and everything works fine now. I can access all of my setups menu again and things seem to be working good so I am happy. I had tried uninstalling PTLE and reinstalling previously but it didn't work...this did the trick though.

You said you can't access your hardware menu still right? That's odd cause mine works just as it did without the samplecell now. What driver releases do you have for both? I just went and checked and my Digi001 is 5-23-2001 and my samplecell is 5-3-2000. Maybe we can get yours working fully as well. Let me know if this is the case for you.

Thanks again for your help

Kevin
Old 12-19-2001, 05:21 PM

Hi Kevin,

I'll look into that in 3.5 weeks when I return from my holiday in Thailand. Leaving in 12 hours (and counting),

Holiday greetings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]