Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Default 4th of July started early

On soapbox:
The yahoos around here have started their 4th of July celebrations a bit early. One of them has been setting off some pretty potent blasts that have been setting off the vibration sensors in some car alarms all afternoon. Hopefully this won't go on deep into the night.

Couple of years ago some bozo was firing off Roman candles and was aiming them up the street and as it happens some traveled under parked cars. Thankfully no fires got started. Law enforcement doesn't seem to care as long as no one gets hurt. The fact that NJ is one of three states where consumer level fireworks (even handheld sparklers) are verboten hasn't stopped anyone.

I'm not an old fogey by any stretch of the imagination but even I have my limits.

Off soapbox and back to our regular programming.

QAPLA!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Default Re: 4th of July started early

I have a 4 year old that goes to bed by 8pm. This time of year is a nightmare for us and him. They have been letting them off in our neighborhood for over a week now. I don't get having them be legal in the literal desert where we live. Countless fires get started every year.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-01-2017, 09:10 PM

I can't believe it's July already!!!

Fireworks are too expensive for me!!!!! My kids love them however so we always get a few.....

Fires are a concern for sure - country boy here so I don't disturb the neighbors
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I can't believe it's July already!!!
This year has gone wayyyy too quick. Here in Sweden all of June have been cold and rainy and june is usually a pretty sweet month and it soft lauches summer here but since mid may when we start using summer terms until now we have had no more than 5 days with warm sunny days so two months have gone and we only have july then the colder pre fall weather comes back.

I am soo glad we have a few properties I can retreat to in Thailand and also have a beach house in Alicante ith a nice studio where I can prolong the summer until almost october and then heating the pool another month as living in Sweden isn't an overall hoot. Everyone runs around waiting for the 5-6 weeks vacation all year and everyone knows atleast half will rain away, then it starts all over again living only for those vacation weeks and people forget that life is going on inbetween and i think thats why life goes by too fast.

I am extremely greatful that I have done pretty well and can stop working forever today if i wanted to and still maintain the same lifestyle i live now but I have noticed that whatever social ladder you're on time passes all too quickly these days ... it started for me when i turned 30 a few years ago and I was never thinking about this before ... is it gonna be this way for the rest of my life now

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-02-2017, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
I have a 4 year old that goes to bed by 8pm. This time of year is a nightmare for us and him. They have been letting them off in our neighborhood for over a week now. I don't get having them be legal in the literal desert where we live. Countless fires get started every year.
We don't have any human children (cats - yes) but a number of neighbors do and this time of year must not be fun for them. As to fires I remember a few years back where parts of NJ were so dry even some municipalities cancelled their fireworks display because of fire fears.

Something that must also be a nightmare is for police as we have what's called the ShotSpotter system which is a number of mics and electronics around the city to try and locate gun shots. The system is setup such that a human has to ride herd on it to make the final decision; the developers of the system had to come in and recalibrate and retrain the police in how to discriminate between real gun shots, fireworks and vehicle backfires.

QAPLA!
Old 07-02-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This year has gone wayyyy too quick.
Yep, tell me about it ... :/
Old 07-02-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I am soo glad we have a few properties I can retreat to in Thailand and also have a beach house in Alicante
Nice :) I could join you some weekend...
Old 07-02-2017, 04:22 PM

As Andy Rooney said some time ago, "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end, the faster it goes."
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
As Andy Rooney said some time ago, "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end, the faster it goes."
Very true
Old 07-02-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
LOL That is soo true

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————