Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Default Avid releases Avid Studio for iPad

I can't link to it, but you can check it out on the App store. It's an iPad version of their Avid Studio video editing program.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Avid releases Avid Studio for iPad

all we need now is pro tools ipad!
Here we go.. back to the days of producers saying, "sound? - that's just 1/4" and a lip mic!"

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 02-05-2012, 10:21 AM

its not an IPAD version of their editing software.... It's just a basic "iMovie" sort of editing system for onboard pictures and video.... I downloaded it for fun...

IMHO for pros... basically worthless.

cheers
geo

Hilton Media Management

Film Doctors http://www.filmdoctors.com
Me... http://georgiahilton.webs.com/
Stage 32 http://www.stage32.com/profile/6569/georgia-hilton
My Production Company http://www.hiltonmm.com

CREDITS (partial) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385255/resume
MEMBER: IATSE LOCAL 700
Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
its not an IPAD version of their editing software.... It's just a basic "iMovie" sort of editing system for onboard pictures and video.... I downloaded it for fun...

IMHO for pros... basically worthless.

cheers
geo
Yeas.. But we all know the pro one is coming. LOL!.. The processor in the iPad and iPhone is faster than the earliest intel processors we had for audio. So processor-wise and Ram-wise. A first generation iPad could run PT8LE all day long.. Think about it..

But scaling pro audio DAWs down that small would tick off too many of the 'pro' base - now matter how cool it would be. Avid is sorta akin to the Bill Gates of the DAW world. Bill never 'innovates' he copies then massive increases the base. Now - with all due respect to Avid Digi having INVENTED the DAW - all computer.. In the last decade they've become a 'safe' company. Slow to move forward - hence this recent move to again expand what is in my belief an obsolete model of DSP-based DAWs. Avid will NOT be the first to the table of pro audio on tablet computers. They won't even be the 10th to the table. Remember ProTools Free? They begrudgingly released a scaled down 8 track version of LE ProTools in the late 90's only to pull it again even before LE was released. And this after Logic, Cubase and Digital Performer were all well established Native DAWs. Gotta protect the HD platform. I get it - really I do...

But an iPad2 solution for real tracking - 24tk was just introduced at NAMM. Forget its name now. But it is 'NOT' a joke - to a pro - not at all.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Digi having INVENTED the DAW
Yeah, maybe after Compusonics, Synclavier, AMS. In that order. There may have been something ahead of Compusonics.

Just sayin'.

I don't understand why there is such venom toward DSP hardware and DSP users. I generally want DSP because I believe it is the best value for my situation and my client's perceptions. Now, today.

Last edited by Postman; 02-05-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: The remainder was removed to avoid useless conflict.Those are the reasons I bought from Digi, those are the reasons I continu