Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Recurring Disk Related Errors -

So I am still getting the same error messages as before - starts with a - 9019 and proceeds to a -9073 error - basically Pro Tools claims it can't get data fast enough from the disk.

Details =>

I had PT installed on drive D:\ and was using that as my audio drive also - 120gb seagate barracuda ultra ATA => I started getting these errors and after a while decided to separate Audio from PT -

I installed Seagate Barracuda 160 gb SATA drive (new) my motherboard is equipped with built in controller for SATA. => I formatted the disk - (kept it as a basic disk)- and transferred all of my AUDIO files to the new drive "F:\"

Fired up PT and everything looked good - used the program for several hours and then all of the sudden - here come those errors again. Only this time they are making the application hang altogether - the re is continual succession of these error messages and I have to force the app to shut down.

On the recommendation from Digi Tech Support here on this board I uninstalled PT and reinstalled it to my "C:\" drive to eliminate yet one more variable - namely that strictly speaking Digi recommends installing PT on the system drive -

OK so that's where I am now - I can't use Pro Tools whatsoever - I have done all the tweaks recommended, DEP fix, killed all extraneous processes, disabled networking, etc. etc. My system hardware is not incompatible in any way and has plenty of power - not to mention disks that are certainly fast enough and a system that is clean.

What can I possibly do to rectify this situation if anything at all?

thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Recurring Disk Related Errors -

this may be a stretch but do you think you could have a faulty drive. "Pro Tools claims it can't get data fast enough from the disk."i used to get that error message along with other errors. Getting a new drive cured all of my error problems. My faulty drive was a brand new 4 month old western digital, which western digital replaced for free
Old 03-25-2005, 08:03 AM

Also - could you please explain the exact config you now have for your hard drives - as in whether they are on separate cables and what other ATA devices may be sharing cables with them and what is set to master or slave? Thank you.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:00 PM

Well the error is now only happenning sometimes - in particular sessions but the disk are as follows on my system

Disk 0 - "C:\" - System disk -Seagate Barracuda 80 gb Ultra Ata drive - IDE 1
Disk 1 - "D:\" - Original Audio drive Seagate Barracuda 120 gb Ultra ATA -IDE 2

DVD Burner - ""E:\" - IDE 1 -

Disk 2 - "F:\" - New Audio drive - Seagate Barracuda 160 gb SATA drive connected to motherboard.

Disk 3 - "G:\" - Seagate Barracuda 120 GB Ultra ATA drive - IDE 2 - Other Data and installation sources

Disk 4 - "H:\" Seagate Barracuda 120 gb Ultra ATA in an external USB/FW CASE -Using it with USB

Disk 5 "S:\" Seagate Barracuda 160 gb EXTERNAL FIREWIRE - archive drive - ALl my backups and ghost images etc in here.