Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Default Omni digital out mirroring

Hi guys.
I'm trying to use the omni digital out at the same time as using an analog pair of outs.
I'm sending the digital out to my monitor controller and need the same mix to go to my live room. I know it's possible to create a headphone mix for the live room but I would prefer not to do this.
I need these to be mirrored and to be able to used at the same time.
Does anyone know a way to do this?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Omni digital out mirroring

There's no specific function on the Omni hardware to do that, but you can do it in the Protools software, just like you can with any interface. Basically you select more than one output on each track by holding the Control key (on Mac) or the Windows key (on PC). The second output will have a plus sign next to it indicating it's an additional output.

If you want, you can also create a second master fader for that additional output, which will allow you to control the volume for that digital out separately from the main output.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Omni digital out mirroring

Easier way to do it is to go to the io set up and multiple your main outs to your digital outs. It's the same key command. Control and click on another output from the drop down menu on the outputs page.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme