Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 10:29 PM

Default do you have an MPC

Hello. Where can one go to buy used or even to trade old sample CDS or sounds. I have an MPC 2000 I use with my 001 but I am sick of my sounds. At $200 bucks a disk Ive gotta find a cheaper or used alternative.

Old 01-10-2001, 10:53 PM

Default Re: do you have an MPC

eBay

David.

6am eternal

6am eternal
Old 01-11-2001, 07:03 AM

i have an mp and i just get snares and kicks and hi hats from other peoples records cds anything. commercials are my fav they often
good samples in electronic store ads
just sample everything and forget about spending 200 bones on something 1000 other people have..know whut im sayin..its like everyone has the korg triton so everybody really has the same sounds originally. so i go for stuff that is not widely used and i get an original sound...
Old 01-11-2001, 10:25 AM

Go find a vynil shop and start buying music that would have good samples. Barely any pros I know work with sample CDs. If your near a major city find the local "Fat Beats"(NYC) and go to town on 799 a record.
Old 01-11-2001, 11:10 AM

SAMPLE AND GET SUED? WHAT CAN YOU USE WITHOUT PERMISSION?
Old 01-11-2001, 11:43 AM

I think what Search & Cfs mean is to sample the drum sounds alone, not with any music. This is perfectly legal & is the method most producers use to build their drum library. What I would do is import your fav, sounding cd'd into a Pt session, then edit all the drums sounds to just kicks,snares,hats, etc., then sample them into your mpc.
My drum library consists of over a thousand drums sounds saved on zip disks, that I compiled over the last 5 years from all over the place!
No one can sue you for sampling drum hits, these are not copyrighted sounds, just don't sample complete loops or any music!
Old 01-12-2001, 12:42 AM

Build the files yourself, its a waste of moiney otherwise, gettings sued is pretty hard to come by if you just use oneshots or single one shot notes.

I have a question, I dont use the MP, I use the Korg triton rack sampler it has 48 mb, what type of advantages would I get by useing the MPC as a sampler along with the korg sampler, obviously the MP would be used more for a percussion intrumentbut is it the effects or what.

------------------
Switchcraft
Old 01-12-2001, 06:54 AM

west: its the timing and the feel of the rhythm patterns you put together its such a great machine that you can even swing the beat so that it sounds like a real drummer not a loop...carlos thats whut i mean just sample hits of drums..then tweak em in the prog window...i dont use pt for anything but recording audio cus the mpc is exactly whut it says midi production center....i love to hear whut other mpc users have to say is there a forum for us....
Old 01-12-2001, 10:17 AM

What's up y'all? Check it- http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tr-909/bbsmpc_e/bbs.html

Space
Old 01-12-2001, 10:41 PM

I just picked up a greytsounds mpc sample disc from ebay for $65 you can buy this disk for $199.....

I also picked up a 33 cd set for akai samplers for $145 from nicebytes from ebay also.....

You can find good ass deals on there as well as looking around.

Soundscan disks $50 with akai/audio/wav per disk, Cratediggers audio $16 from BigFish Audio.