Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Default Audio import playback is slowed

I recently updated to Mojave and have been running pro tools with no issue other than I can only import audio via drag and drop. However I just got sent some vocals and when I import them they dont match up and are slightly slowed. I created a new session diff. sample rate and still the same. Anyone know why?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Audio import playback is slowed

What format and sample rate are the audio files you have been given? Where did this come from? And what is the actual sample rate if the file thinks it's different?

If the sample rate of the file that is being dragged and dropped is wrong then Pro Tools is reading the wrong sample rate from the file header and applying the wrong conversion.

Why does File>Import not work? you should be able to do that with "COPY" and apply sample rate conversion to fix these common sample rate mismatch problems.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Why does File>Import not work? you should be able to do that with "COPY" and apply sample rate conversion to fix these common sample rate mismatch problems.

More than likely running a version of PT not supported on Mojave.

Sounds like he’s running v11. From memory, people that have it ‘working’ have that issue where they have to drag and drop audio. Not sure I’d classify that as working myself, but hey, that’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 01:59 PM

yep Sardi sure you are correct, I think I remember that issue now.

---

Oh well get stuff correct at the source. Fix yer Pro Tools install. Or use an outboard conversion tool. Or hack the headers (up for some Python audio coding?).
Old 05-19-2019, 07:38 AM

He says the file was recorded in sample rate 44100, The session Im importing the files into is the same. These are wave files , they playback fine any other way but when I import them into my session they playback slow. Can't import files normally because of the mojave issue. I heard pt12 doesnt have that issue, but as far as this problem , still not fixed
Old 05-19-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedinsane View Post
He says the file was recorded in sample rate 44100, The session Im importing the files into is the same. These are wave files , they playback fine any other way but when I import them into my session they playback slow. Can't import files normally because of the mojave issue. I heard pt12 doesnt have that issue, but as far as this problem , still not fixed

PT12 doesn’t have that issue because it is supported under the correct Mac OS. If you ran PT11 on the supported Mac OS versions according to the compatibility chart, you wouldn’t have that issue either.

Regarding the slow playback - how slow are we talking? Does it sound like the sort of slow playback you’d get from a sample rate mismatch or is it much more or even much less?

I’d also double check that is actually 44.1k as even though he/she said it is, they may actually be mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk