Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Default FEATURE REQUEST: Export Session Data

It would be great to have an option that has all the same options as Import session data, but for copying or archiving sessions! It would be great to archive a session without including automation, plug-ins, etc. to send to the record company at the end of an album...export a session that only includes vocal tracks for editing.

C.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Export Session Data

2 options I can think of:
Save Session Copy In - minus plugs and automation
Embedded AAF - with Avid compatibility on

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 AM

This has been discussed many times before. The real deal here would be to have a command:

"Create Session From Selected Tracks" with these choices:

All playlists or only main.
Size of "handles" for the audio.
With or without inserts.
With or without sends.
With or without Auto.
etc

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:10 AM

That's really needed these days . And the import session data could be improved with an easy thing like "match selected tracks ".
Old 05-22-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmazurek View Post
This has been discussed many times before. The real deal here would be to have a command:

"Create Session From Selected Tracks" with these choices:

All playlists or only main.
Size of "handles" for the audio.
With or without inserts.
With or without sends.
With or without Auto.
etc
+1

And while we're on the subject of "Import Session Data', why can't we just have a dialog box with checkboxes for all the various choices, instead of having to revisit a popup menu countless times. I would have thought that the UI Police would have killed that years ago.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM

And allow me to add my import/export session data wish: a simple database that would help in transferring session data back and forth between different systems, especially as it concerns I/O discrepancies.

In other words, it would work like a database "import data" feature, where you only have to "map" your I/O etc ONCE, save the settings, and from then on it will recognize each system's I/O automatically. I'm always moving sessions between the HD system and various LE systems and would LOVE to have this go effortlessly (and predictably) each time. It's a mess for me as it is, and I haven't yet found a solution using the existing workflow.

As far as how this applies to Export session data, you could choose to export to a specific systems I/O layout or export with the current I/O settings.

And while we're wishing about Import/Export issues, please remove the 32 bus limit on LE sessions - big HD sessions using busses to route sub-mixes (using busses above 32) will not play without mucho messing around on LE systems. Sorry for hijacking your thread - great idea, btw!