How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2019, 01:54 PM

Default AAE-9173 Error - "Ran our of CPU Power" - but all plugins are disabled

Hi Everyone

Well, here I am, struggling to find the time and energy to learn how to use PT to sketch a song (which is difficult in and of itself), and now my little friend, error AAR-9173, stands in the way.

This is the "Ran Out of CPU power" error, which suggests that I disable all the native plugins (what's a "native" plugin anyway?).

Thing is, they are all disabled, and the CPU is barely working, except that it's still at 100%. There's something that bothers it, but I don't know what. See screenshot attached.

Can anyone please advise? Help me get the creative juices flowing!

Thank you in advance!

System:
Intel i-7 6700K, @ 4.00 GHz, 16GB RAM
Win 10, 64-bit,
PT 2019.6.0
NVidia G-Force GTX-750

Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 Error - "Ran our of CPU Power" - but all plugins are disabled

You know what? I had the Waves thingy re-scan all the plugins just now, before I saw the error. Could that have had anything to do with it?

Last edited by Space_Monkey; 12-10-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 Error - "Ran our of CPU Power" - but all plugins are disabled

What exactly do you mean by "disable" have you actually moved the .aaxplugin files out of the plugin folder, trashed prefs and started Pro Tools?

What other standard troushooting have you tried? Checked all third party plugins are up to date? Just trashed prefs (should always be first step), tried starting with another empty session, etc. See troubleshooting under "Help us help You" at the top of every DUC web page.

What sample rate, and IO buffer size are you running at? Post a SiSoft Sandra report if you try more troubleshooting and are still stuck.

We cannot guess what you mean when you throw unclear comments out.. describe exactly what you are doing and seeing what exactly where. e.g. what CPU meter are you looking at. If windows is showing lots of CPU use and you have not removed all the third party plugin then you likely have a bad plugin... a common cause of CPU problems.

A native plugin is a plugin that uses the computer CPU for processing, vs. a DSP plugin that uses an HDX DSP card processor, or in the past HD card DSP processing. None of which you have.