How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 AM

Default hybrid 1.6 not authorised.

Hi Guys.
I've tried searching for the answer I am after but have just become more confused! So heres my problem and I would appreciate any help that is offered:
I've installed PT11, and PT10.3.6 on a mac running 10.8.4- thats all good, both working fine, and I've managed to locate most of the plug in installers that I need too, (now just waiting for TL space AAX but thats a different story!) I've managed to install and negotiate the new Ilok manager app and reactivated most of the plug ins.

Anyway, now when opening PT 10.3.6 I get a message saying the Hybrid 1.6 cannot be authorised. I figure that I have a licence for 1.5, but the installer has replaced the previous version with 1.6. If that is the case, then please how can I delete 1.6 and reinstall 1.5 so that it works? I can't find either the plug in on my computer or an installer for 1.5. And the ilok manager thing does not say what version I have a licence for.

OR - is there something else that i am missing here.

cheers guys!

Matt
Old 07-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: hybrid 1.6 not authorised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege Recordings View Post
Hi Guys.

Anyway, now when opening PT 10.3.6 I get a message saying the Hybrid 1.6 cannot be authorised. I figure that I have a licence for 1.5, but the installer has replaced the previous version with 1.6. If that is the case, then please how can I delete 1.6 and reinstall 1.5 so that it works? I can't find either the plug in on my computer or an installer for 1.5. And the ilok manager thing does not say what version I have a licence for.

Matt
I can't answer the uninstall question at the moment, but can answer a couple of other things.

You can download v1.5.x from the Knowledge Base:
Hybrid Downloads

If your iLok account shows "Hybrid" without any version number, then you have v1.5.
If it says "Hybrid 1.6", then you have a license for v1.6.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:21 AM

Yes. To clarify, 1.6 was a paid upgrade, so unless you remember paying to upgrade, you have 1.5, and need to download the 1.5 version.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Yes. To clarify, 1.6 was a paid upgrade, so unless you remember paying to upgrade, you have 1.5, and need to download the 1.5 version.
Hi friends

Don't wanna dispute what you said but we have Velvet 1.3 Hybrid 1.6 Transfuser 1.3 etc and these versions came with the PTIEP 1 so it might not have been a "paid" upgrade seeing we only paid for the PTIEP once and it was 15 months ago

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Yes, you got those versions with the IEP. If I remember correctly, the Hybrid 1.6 upgrade came out before the IEP was introduced (it was quite a long time ago). So the IEP would include that newer version. Keep in mind that the IEP as we know it is more recent than people realize. For several years they had the precursor to it. I forget what it was called but it was much more expensive, and was also before Transfuser was introduced.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Yes, you got those versions with the IEP. If I remember correctly, the Hybrid 1.6 upgrade came out before the IEP was introduced (it was quite a long time ago). So the IEP would include that newer version. Keep in mind that the IEP as we know it is more recent than people realize. For several years they had the precursor to it. I forget what it was called but it was much more expensive, and was also before Transfuser was introduced.
Got it
Thanks for the clarification nst7

All the best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 PM

Awesome, thanks for the responses. I'll download 1.5 now and see how it works.

cool, respect!