Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Default Does Pro TOOLS 10hd WORK WITH USB MIC?

Does Pro TOOLS 10hd WORK WITH USB MIC? Cant get mines to connect. doesnt even have anything connected in the I/O input and output? I am using a Blue Spark Digital Microphone and PT10HD on WINDOWS 7 8gbvram 750hdd . HELP PLEASE.... I have an album release date in few weeks and none of the music is done and I use pro tools cuz its industry standard and I mix better
Old 03-23-2013, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Does Pro TOOLS 10hd WORK WITH USB MIC?

Wow, got to love it when an experienced Pro Tools user creates an account to posts a joke thread! Bwahahahhahahahahahah!!! Love it!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM

You'll need ASIO4ALL and it should recognize it. I've never tested it though.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Please God, say this is a joke.

I can't imagine a USB mic being allowed into any studio without having its cord cut in half and hung up on the dead cable rack...
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 PM

this isnt a joke... I decided to get usb instead of using my XLR and 002 on the road... and PRO TOOLS 10 is giving me NO SOUND at all with the ASIO DRIVER.... went to I/O setup and it says that input and output are not connected. and Asio4All does pick up my mic..!!!!! STILL NO SOUND
Old 03-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT10user101 View Post
this isnt a joke... I decided to get usb instead of using my XLR and 002 on the road... and PRO TOOLS 10 is giving me NO SOUND at all with the ASIO DRIVER.... went to I/O setup and it says that input and output are not connected. and Asio4All does pick up my mic..!!!!! STILL NO SOUND
Uh oh, into caps lock and running exclamation marks already.

You have to tell us a lot more about *exactly* what you are doing.

Define what you mean by "NO SOUND", e.g. is anything getting recorded (can you see the waveform?). This device is both an input and an output, so you have headphones connected to the Mic? What exactly is your Pro Tools playback Engine set to. Can you post a screenshot of your ASIO4ALL setup screen and PT playback engine dialog.

In general these microphones are cheap, nasty and inflexible, I suspect you would be much better off usually with a small portable interface and one or more studio mics that you already own.

Darryl
Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM

ok well the playback engine is set to Asio4All
and the Blue Spark is there....
but theres no sound
I go to I/O to check the setup Its Says on Input and Output "Not Connected"
yet protools will play i can load an audio track just cant hear the sound...the BLUE SPARK CONDENSOR USB MIC has a built in headphone jack for zero latency and its first mic to record 30 pin iphone/ipads etc...

But still no sound from pro tools.... I def plays back in any other application Reason 6, RECORD, FL STUDIO, SONY VEGAS, It even Picks up the interface of the microphone i just cant get any sound/Play back out of pro tools.... Hope I didnt waste 250 on a usb mic that doesnt work
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM

Even though this is old have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYh9H8gKLTo.

Are you doing simmilar to what is shown there?

Asks questions if none of this make sense.

Darryl
Old 03-23-2013, 04:34 PM

seen this soooo many times still not working

but theres no sound
yet protools will play i can load an audio track just cant hear the sound...the BLUE SPARK CONDENSOR USB MIC has a built in headphone jack for zero latency and its first mic to record 30 pin iphone/ipads etc...

But still no sound from pro tools.... I def plays back in any other application Reason 6, RECORD, FL STUDIO, SONY VEGAS, It even Picks up the interface of the microphone i just cant get any sound/Play back out of pro tools.... Hope I didnt waste 250 on a usb mic that doesnt work
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT10user101 View Post
seen this soooo many times still not working

but theres no sound

"play back out of pro tools" where? The headphone connected to the microphone output or the computer speakers? What *exactly* happens?

I know that the Mic has a headphone output, I'm asking if you are using it. Slow down and very clearly describe exactly what you are doing and post the screen shots I asked for before. We are not there, we cannot guess what exactly you have done/have set up.

Even if you get this to work (and it should), a USB microphone is very likely a waste of money for somebody trying to do serious portable stuff while on the road. They are incredibly inflexible compared to what a nice little interface can do. If you have a return window from the retailer I would consider taking it.

Darryl