Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Default Blank Session settings

Hello, I am about to Create a new Blank Session, i want to import Stereo Wav's from my lap tops Documents, my question is.... What I/O Setting to use, the choices are....1, Last Used, 2, Stereo Mix, 3, C24 LE Stereo 4, Control 24 LE Stereo......Common sense tells me to select 'Stereo Mix' as the Wav's i wish to import are Stereo files, can anyone please advise? Many Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Blank Session settings

I would use "Last used", then spend some time learning about the hows and whys of setting the IO for your gear, your interface, and how you like to work. Once you get things dialed just the way you like, save the IO settings. For instance, on my setup, all the inputs(18 of them) are named for the interface/preamp or preamp/instrument(as in "ISA-4/bass" or "Octo2/kick" or "DBX/Motif", and outputs are named "phones booth", "Phones Bass", etc.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Blank Session settings

Thanks albee, i'll give it a go, the project i'm doing is basically this.....I've recently uploaded a bunch of old band rehearsals from 'Cassette Tapes' to pro-tools, after bouncing them to disc i saved them in my documents and imported them from there into an 'Audio Cleaner' and removed some unwanted Hiss etc, i exported them from the cleaner back to my documents, and now will be importing the stereo files back into pro-tools to edit them some more, i.e. snip the ends and do fade outs etc. The stereo files will then be Mastered at a studio......just want to make sure i'm not making any mistakes......I'll create the new session as.....BWF (WAV), 44.1KHz, 16Bit, I/O Last Used. Will that be OK?.......Thanks again for helping a newbe on his way!