Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 05:48 AM

Default Crash when Allocator shuffles D/Connect Plug

If I am loading a fairly full session and I have a Direct Connect plug that has to load I always crash when the Allocator has to deinstall some plugs to reshuffle and make the Direct Connect chip available. The computer will crash while the Direct Connect Plug is being installed or just before it.
I can reproduce this 100% with any Direct connect Plug.
The only fix is to take the plug out of the folder or start a new session and import everything except the Direct connect Plug.
I've had this with system 8.6 and 9.04.
Anybody else?
It only happens if the Allocator has to reshuffle the plug during load and then it's a total freeze.
Phil Buckle.