Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM

Default d24 + mixfarm + dsp farm - losing I/O on mix farm w/64 voic

So, This setup seems to be working for me. Most of my -7204 problems
have gone away with adding the mix farm, digitest passes, etc.

However, I am having a current problem (And hoping a mix core would fix, but I am not sure)

Whenever I add I/O to the farm card and I am using the 64 voice engine, it disspears. Things
like indentify will not work until I reboot and *not* run the 64 voice engine. and I/o attached
to the farm in 32 voice mode, seems "flakey"

it comes up as d24 + mix 64 voices as the selection.

This week I received a Y cable and tested that I can put 2 i/os on the d24 and one on the dsp farm
and everything is peachy. In fact, I can add the i/o to the mix farm; but things like Identify don't work..consistantly and it disappears entirely with the 64 voice engine.

So, is this a hybrid drawback? or is the mix farm flakey? I really don't have any way to test
that per-say, because either with the actual i/o hooked up to the mix farm or not it dissapears.