Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Euphonix Mix Connection Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Did you do these steps from the FAQ?

The following setup is recommended if you are connected directly to your Mac - a single Ethernet cable from the Artist unit to the Mac's Ethernet port, and in some cases where a Switch is used between the Mac and the Artist control surfaces.

Set up manual network location:

1) Go to Network settings. Launch System Preferences (Apple Menu > System Preferences...) and press the Network icon.
2) Unlock the pane to enable changes (lower left corner of panel - it will ask for your password)
- if you wish for this to be the permanent default location, then skip to step 7
3) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Edit Locations..."
4) Choose "Automatic"
5) Click the button with a gear icon and choose "Duplicate Location". Name it "Artist Direct Connect" and click Done.
6) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Artist Direct Connect"
7) Choose "Ethernet" in the list on the left. (If there are multiple Ethernet ports, use Ethernet port #1. This is the default port used for EuCon. The default port setting can be changed in System Preferences > Euphonix)
8) In the Configure drop down menu, choose "Manually"
9) In the IP Address field, enter: 169.254.1.2 (example)
10) In the subnet mask field, enter: 255.255.0.0
11) Press the Apply button
12) Go to: System Preferences > Euphonix
13) Press Stop. Wait a few seconds, then press Start again. This will relaunch all EuCon processes with the new settings.

You will also need to set a static IP address on the surface. See documentation for detailed steps (User Guide section A-1).
Here is an example of the settings to be used with the above steps:
IP: 169.254.001.003 (increment the last field for each additional unit, make sure you do not use the same IP address as set in step 9 above)
Subnet: 255.255.0.0

Could you please explain which two soft keys need to be pressed ,while pushing power button to enter MC MIX IP setup menu?

Its not very clear from the manual!

Many thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 PM

Sure - It's the 2 'Page' keys at the top left just below the 'back' button.

:)
Mike
Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 AM

Smile Re: Euphonix Mix Connection Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewport View Post
Sure - It's the 2 'Page' keys at the top left just below the 'back' button.

:)
Mike
Thanks Mike
Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Did you do these steps from the FAQ?

The following setup is recommended if you are connected directly to your Mac - a single Ethernet cable from the Artist unit to the Mac's Ethernet port, and in some cases where a Switch is used between the Mac and the Artist control surfaces.

Set up manual network location:

1) Go to Network settings. Launch System Preferences (Apple Menu > System Preferences...) and press the Network icon.
2) Unlock the pane to enable changes (lower left corner of panel - it will ask for your password)
- if you wish for this to be the permanent default location, then skip to step 7
3) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Edit Locations..."
4) Choose "Automatic"
5) Click the button with a gear icon and choose "Duplicate Location". Name it "Artist Direct Connect" and click Done.
6) Under the Location drop down menu, choose "Artist Direct Connect"
7) Choose "Ethernet" in the list on the left. (If there are multiple Ethernet ports, use Ethernet port #1. This is the default port used for EuCon. The default port setting can be changed in System Preferences > Euphonix)
8) In the Configure drop down menu, choose "Manually"
9) In the IP Address field, enter: 169.254.1.2 (example)
10) In the subnet mask field, enter: 255.255.0.0
11) Press the Apply button
12) Go to: System Preferences > Euphonix
13) Press Stop. Wait a few seconds, then press Start again. This will relaunch all EuCon processes with the new settings.

You will also need to set a static IP address on the surface. See documentation for detailed steps (User Guide section A-1).
Here is an example of the settings to be used with the above steps:
IP: 169.254.001.003 (increment the last field for each additional unit, make sure you do not use the same IP address as set in step 9 above)
Subnet: 255.255.0.0
Sorry to resurrect this thread - I've followed the above instructions, and set a static IP on my unit as per the user guide instructions. Now, when I turn on the unit, after a long wait I get a dialogue saying that Eucon can't connect to it. But if I look in the Eucon control panel, my surface is there and I have to add it manually. After this it works. Any idea what's going on?

MC Mix - firmware 1.4.5
Eucontrol 2.6.0
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 PM

I have this same issue even though disabling Airport won't help. Was this problem resolved? My artist Control freezes and then I have to restart Logic, plus Eucontrol to get it to work again. It's really disturbing. Where can I find Eucontrol 2.5.5?
Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Chapman View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread - I've followed the above instructions, and set a static IP on my unit as per the user guide instructions. Now, when I turn on the unit, after a long wait I get a dialogue saying that Eucon can't connect to it. But if I look in the Eucon control panel, my surface is there and I have to add it manually. After this it works. Any idea what's going on?

MC Mix - firmware 1.4.5
Eucontrol 2.6.0
This is a known issue. We are working on resolving this.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM

I've recently been experiencing a really annoying issue with my MC Mix. I was on 2.6.2 (OS 10.8.2), updated to 2.7.1 (after going through the "bank to selected issue" on 2.7) and everything was working fine until a couple days ago when the unit simply disconnected and reconnected after switching back and forth to Pro Tools, but only for a brief moment it showed track names, with no meter modulation (they stood still at whatever level they were before disconnecting) and the faders do respond to touch and changes, but as soon as I release them they go back to they're previous spot on the controller, but not in Pro Tools (say I have a fader on 0dB, I turn it down to -6dB on the controller. The physical fader goes back to 0dB upon release, but the virtual fader stays on -6dB). It becomes useless after that, the connection comes and goes and the fader thing keeps happening no matter what.

I've tried everything you people suggest: uninstalling (which btw sometimes does uninstall, sometimes doesn't!), trashing files from the Preferences folders, installing previous versions... the ONLY thing that worked was reinstalling the entire OS, along with Pro Tools and dozens of plugins, other softwares, etc. I spent an entire afternoon reinstalling everything 2 days ago and right now I was working on a mix and then it happened again.

I'm on PT HD Native 10.3.5, OS 10.8.2, latest firmware on the MC Mix, Eucon 2.7.1, connected through a TP-Link TLWR1043ND.

I'm sorry to do this, I never bash on tech support guys in forums for issues like these, but this time I must say it: Avid has nailed it! If the your point was to strongly disrespect your customers and their hard work, money, time and (to some point) loyalty to the Pro Tools system... well, congratulations! I've had this unit ever since the launch of PT9 and it's quite impressive how buggy it's always been when it comes to connection and I'm always so foolishly waiting for an update to fix these things but it never happens!

Cheers
Old 05-18-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEUCON View Post
This is a known issue. We are working on resolving this.
I hope that this resolution also will fix the intermittent loss of connection issues that seem to plague the MC control as well.

Thanks and glad to know there is activity on this issue.