Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM

Default can't see all of menus

Hi,

I'm helping an 11 year old get is first Pro Tools experience. I've been using pro Tools on a Mac for 15 years. He's on a PC.

We have several problems so far. The Pro Tools menus are sort of cut off at the bottom. I can get them to drop down, but it's a PITA. Is there a way to adjust the window so I can see the full menus?

We have connected an old Casio CTK-1000 and can play into protools and record into pro tools, but can't receive to the CTK-1000 when we hit playback.

MIDI input devices don't have the CTK-1000. We chose the C-1000. We had that working a few weeks ago, but couldn't figure out how to do it again.

The MIDI cables from the MIDI to USB converter and the CTK-1000. The Out MIDI cable goes to the IN on the CTK-1000, right?

I can't find any Preferences on ProTools First for PC. Are there none?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:05 PM

Default Re: can't see all of menus

Hi, I originally had problems with the display not fitting properly on windows (menus not drawing properly, etc). It was because I had the text size turned up to 125% in the Windows settings for accessibility. Could that be your issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 02:14 PM

PatJo,

Good Guess!! I'm not a PC person, so a lot of the interface is foreign to me.

There's also a thing happening sometimes when I'm moving the cursor with the pad. The cursor might pass over something and as it does, it activates something.

The Casio MIDI keyboard I'm using is not on the list. It's too old. That might be part of it. Cakewalk seems more tolerant, but I'd like to teach him on PT.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:32 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
PatJo,

Good Guess!! I'm not a PC person, so a lot of the interface is foreign to me.

There's also a thing happening sometimes when I'm moving the cursor with the pad. The cursor might pass over something and as it does, it activates something.

The Casio MIDI keyboard I'm using is not on the list. It's too old. That might be part of it. Cakewalk seems more tolerant, but I'd like to teach him on PT.
Hi, if you're having issues with graphics on Windows, Pro Tools First is only supported at 1080x1920 at the moment. You can try right clicking on the Pro Tools window, go to Compatibility, change High DPI settings and override.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
PatJo,

On Windows you can configure the pad so that be tapping it it acts as if the mouse button has been clicked. When it’s configured (which is the default) this way I find that I constantly click things unintentionally. Go to the control panel and you can disable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk