Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 AM

Default PTLE Reg Licence to PT10 academic upgrade possible?

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their pro tools LE full version licence to pro tools 10 academic? Could this work or will there be a licencing issue?

Basically I have been a PTLE user for years. I havn't upgraded my system since 7.1. I do mostly light music on it etc. Note: I do not have an ilok key but have bought one to install PT10 on.

I have recently found myself back in school for TV and Film. my educational institution software supplier is offering an upgrade from LE to PT10 academic for 287.00 via download. It sounds like a good deal. I was just worried about the difference in licences.

Does this upgrade work with any version of PTLE or just an academically licensed version of PTLE? I am fine with abiding by the terms of the academic licence as I use it for post-production for my student projects mostly. That is not an issue.

Has anyone done this succesfully? I can't ask avid because they are down for the long weekend so any advice would help. If not I will wait until monday and call tech support.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM

Default Re: PTLE Reg Licence to PT10 academic upgrade possible?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same question :)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Smile Re: PTLE Reg Licence to PT10 academic upgrade possible?

I am a long time PTLE user, since version 5.1. I was able to do the student 'upgrade' to PT9 last year from PTLE8. At that time the only criteria was that my student status was check out by my Avid dealer and that I had a serial number from the back of my mbox2. Only when I registered PT9 from within my AVID account, did it ask for the serial number from my Mbox2. Then it sent the PT9 asset to my ilok account.

Since then I got a free upgrade to PT10.