Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-07-2001, 05:11 PM

Default 001 with Layla card and SB Live?

Can anyone give me advice on a new installation of Digi 001 along with a Layla Card and a SB Live card? I just ordered a new system today with a PIII 1gig chip and 512meg of Ram. I would really appreciate anyones help? I understand that there can be a conflict with a SB Live card and that you should install the Digi 001 first, then the
SB Live card. Can anyone give me more info or advice regarding the Layla-- Thanks Doc H.
Old 01-08-2001, 09:10 PM

Default Digi 001 with a Layla Card & SB Live?

Can anyone give me advice on a new installation of Digi 001 along with a Layla Card and a SB Live card? I just ordered a new system today with a PIII 1gig chip and 512meg of Ram. I would really appreciate someones help? I understand that there can be a conflict with a SB Live card and that you should install the Digi 001 first, then the SB Live card? Can anyone give me more info or advice regarding installing the the Layla PCI card also? Thanks Doc
H.
Old 01-10-2001, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Digi 001 with a Layla Card & SB Live?

Whn you get the new machine, try loading the OS with just the video card installed first. Then, if the motherboard manual tells you, pick the furthest PCI slot (from the AGP or PCI video/on board video slot) that has an unshared IRQ number. Install the Digi first in this slot. Load up drivers. Load Layla the same way, but if your must share IRQ's make sure that none share with the video card or SBLive card. Install the Live card last or before any network cards(if any). I haven't had too much trouble with Digi001 & SBLive cards together using this process. According to Microsoft IRQ sharing is no longer a problem with Win98 and newer & Win2000. Maybe so. But it seems in cases were a person already has a machine up & running with all cards, then buys a Digi system & loads that PCI card, trouble starts. This is why a fresh system, fresh OS installed with minimal cards, and a card by card loading approach helps. Make sure each card is loaded and all related software is configured and running BEFORE installing the next card. This way you'll know which one is giving you the headache. PCI slot switching may remedy a rogue PCI card. Don't foget to load the latest drivers for each card installed (if applicable), especially the SBLive. Video & network cards (and anything else installed) would be wise to run the latest drivers as well. Happy recording!
Old 01-10-2001, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Digi 001 with a Layla Card & SB Live?

Thanks so much!!
I pick up the machine in the AM and have been hoping someone would answer my questions. I'll let you know in a few days how it all goes. Again, I really appreciate your directions/help!! Doc H.