Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2010, 05:43 AM

Default error 9022

This morning I can not open my film session, I keep getting "your request can not be completer because of error 9022!" I think this has to do with 'too many files and too many fades' or some corruption in the fade files? so my question is: If I delete a bunch of fade files from the Fades File Folder (may be trash the contents of the entire fades folder) of the session, will my session open?

I need to open the session so that I can consolidate some files to lower the number of fades and audio region files in the session. If not, how do I get the session to open?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM

Default Re: error 9022

Can you import a single track out of the session? Have you tried deleting all the fades? How many files are you talking about? Do you by any chance have different files on different volumes, but with the same name? This last one has caused me considerable grief until I changed my work methods to absolutely prevent the possibility.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Default Re: error 9022

Yes, thank you. I have tried all that you mentioned. In fact, I am in the process of re-importing all the tracks (about 120 of them) into new session. I am at about track 60 and it is all working but it takes a very long time to import the data because the computer has to "render, and render, and render, and render" on every single track that I import. I tried importing 12 tracks at once and it took about 1/2 hour just to render those tracks.

Tonight, I am going to start consolidating regions to lower the number of regions and fades in the session. I think that this problems that unfortunately arose after a complex manual re-conform, will end up costing me about 10 days delay. By now, it has been 4 days lost already and by the time I actually finish...well...! Also, since I am re-importing all data by hand (one track at the time) there is a great possibility of errors because the large number of regions, I am going to have to go through the entire film once more (with the director) to make sure that everything is still there and that ZERO files are missing or lost.

It is a shame that there is not an indicator that would warn the user that one is reaching the "maximum allowed count" BEFORE the session gets corrupted and can no longer be opened.

G