Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2019, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Why does Eucon control launch with PT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I don't understand how Eucon is loading with ProTools though? I actually do use the app with a control surface, but it loads automatically upon computer start because it's a login item. I've never seen it load with ProTools though and didn't even realize that was possible. For anyone who's using it this was intentionally, how have you configured ProTools and/or Eucon to get this behavior?
It is not possible and there isn’t a standard way to configure something like this.
If you install the latest EuControl with no surfaces, it will not operate silently in the top corner as it usually does on a Mac. It displays the assign surfaces window instead. That only started happening with the latest version.

But there’s some general confusion in this thread of when Eucontrol is running. It is still running/starting with the system. ProTools does not call EuControl to start.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 12-27-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It is still running/starting with the system. ProTools does not call EuControl to start.
I see. The OP thought it was opening and closing with PT. Ironically, I would actually prefer that it worked that way.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I see. The OP thought it was opening and closing with PT. Ironically, I would actually prefer that it worked that way.
I suspect he hadn’t noticed
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 12-28-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I don't understand how Eucon is loading with ProTools though? I actually do use the app with a control surface, but it loads automatically upon computer start because it's a login item. I've never seen it load with ProTools though and didn't even realize that was possible. For anyone who's using it this was intentionally, how have you configured ProTools and/or Eucon to get this behavior?
Actually I probably misstated, I think (as noted) Eucontrol launched with computer start up. I have now uninstalled it as per BScouts suggestion .But if I remember correctly, I think I was getting some kind of message window about Eucontrol when PT launched and probably just assumed it was launching with PT, sorry for the confusion, my bad

Just like I obviously must have downloaded, installed and simply spaced it out. This gettin' old ain't what it is cracked up to be

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...