How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Default Re: New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
I can’t wait to see what surprise they’ll have for us next June....
All Avid license-holders to receive ongoing Biblical plagues, unless you have an active subscription. Subscription plans now come with FREE PlagueCare.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-01-2019, 03:01 PM

Default New Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
I can’t wait to see what surprise they’ll have for us next June....

In my idealistic mind I thought to myself that the version they’re working on now(2020.?) is so stable that they said ‘we need to get rid of reinstatements or users will stay on that version for a long time and won’t want to keep up to date’’...

Blink
Adding NEW features might actually entice people to stay current. =P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikDraw View Post
I say jump. I've been on Studio One 4 for almost a year now. It took me a few weeks to get comfortable with it, but it does everything I need. And it's done and paid for. No monthly payment. No annual payment. If I feel I need version 5.x whenever they release it, that's when I pay next. If I want to. No penalty.
I think I’ll start transferring files using AAF and import, and pull the plug when my subscription ends later in December.

Love Pro Tools - hate the subscription model, and a few other things....

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by mholley; 12-01-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:46 PM

hey guys

I have pro tools 11 standard and pro tools 2018 ultimate ( perpetual license) both are not in any plan. Does it means if I don't buy reinstatement upgrade plan before 31th Dec 2019, I only three ways to choose in 2020 :

1. keep work with what version I have.
2. Buy whole new license to get latest version.
3. Perpetual crossgrade to subscription.

Am I understand correct ?
Old 12-01-2019, 10:53 PM

Yes
Old 12-02-2019, 01:58 AM

As a paying customer for several years I'm not amused by Avids move at all. Hope the'll change their mindset about licensing in near future. I don't have a problem with subscriptions as long as the price is acceptable, which for Pro Tools isn't. Can't comment on Ultimate. Exclude Heat and total bundle, make it 16.99€ including tax a month and it will sell. Then it's compareable to the competitors pricewise...

But I am good until January 2025 with my perpetual as I have no plans to change my DAW...
Old 12-02-2019, 12:52 PM

So if one was to switch / crossgrade to a PT ultimate subscription from being in a current support / perpetual plan what happens to all your old your perpetual licenses? Do you still keep them, in my case PT 10 HD P T11 HD PT 12 HD and PT Ultimate? Or do they disappear from your account once you switch to subscription and you only get to use the most current version of PT Ultimate because you are no longer on a perpetual support plan. I would figure you keep them but my dealer did not know the answer to that maybe the answer is obvious? That would be a real kick in the teeth if you switched and then poof, all your perps are gone...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 12-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemcv View Post
So if one was to switch / crossgrade to a PT ultimate subscription from being in a current support / perpetual plan what happens to all your old your perpetual licenses? Do you still keep them, in my case PT 10 HD P T11 HD PT 12 HD and PT Ultimate? Or do they disappear from your account once you switch to subscription and you only get to use the most current version of PT Ultimate because you are no longer on a perpetual support plan. I would figure you keep them but my dealer did not know the answer to that maybe the answer is obvious? That would be a real kick in the teeth if you switched and then poof, all your perps are gone...
From my understanding if you switch from perpetual to a subscription you loose the perpetual license and from then on you have to pay for subscription. To get back in you would have to buy a whole new perpetual license at full price. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemcv View Post
You loose your perpetual license if you crossgrade to subscription. It can make sense to a business who is deeply involved with PT and needs to always be on the current version, or at least being available to use for whatever reason. For everybody else, it just doesn't make sense...

Blink
Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
And would have more customers and, there for, more income. But hey, I guess we have to have some level of stupidity in this world or it wouldn’t be funny.
Exactly my opinion! I don't get why Avid doesn't get this! If they just trusted their customers that we are willing to support you if you treat us right, they would do much better than the way they are running things now.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio