Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Some things I\'d like to see in PT 8 HD (or 7.5!)

Hello,

First I want to say I really appreciate how digidesign has continued to make PT more composer friendly through each update. I've actually recently said goodbye to Logic for the most part (tired of the TDM incompatibilities) and started my scoring sessions in PT. PT finally feels more "musical" to me in the way that Logic has over the years. I guess if you like working in any kind of score editor you'll always stick with the other sequencers....but here are some additional features I would like to see in PT to make it a even more streamlined tool for composing on tight deadlines for the rest of us:

- track folders. Just a simple folder hierarchy system where tracks can be folded into or out of, where each folder can be solo'd or muted...this makes templates with massive amounts of predefined MIDI tracks much more managable. And would also make doing stripes for final mix downs simpler.

- mute of individual MIDI notes. right now I'm making a whole new playlist when I start mucking around with taking MIDI notes in or out but it would save me a lot of time if I could just simply mute a MIDI note like I can an audio region.

- bypass of hardware inserts. This must be possible as you can do it in Logic TDM.

These don't seem like massive feature requests but would help greatly in my day to day. Please add any other feature ideas you have that are composer centric and possibly the reason some choose the other apps over protools.