Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2018, 09:19 PM

Default Issue with Eleven Rack & 003

I've come across the issue where Eleven Rack fails to load during ProTools startup. Says unable to load Eleven, click no to continue or yes to retry.

In addition sometimes the 003 loads and sometimes it doesn't upon PT startup.

With the Eleven rack issue, I have figured out a weird work-around which seems to work... however, it's time consuming.

When I click no to not retry loading the Eleven, I go into the Playback Engine, set it it Eleven Rack, close PT, then reopen it, then the Eleven Rack loads.

I then select playback engine to Avid 003, close PT and then re-open ProTools and both the 003 and Eleven Rack load.

I have made no updates to my system (as you can see in my sig it's very old!) except I updated the 003 and Eleven drivers in an effort to get stop this problem, which it hasn't.

It all started when I moved and had to unplug everything. Now I'm moved into a new house and set up everything and I have nothing but issues getting either the 003 or the Eleven to load.

Another weird issue is I have disabled power saving mode on my Mac, yet I do have a screen saver. After leaving it up yet inactive for several hours, all connectivity to 003 and Eleven are dead. I have to reboot the whole solution and go through the steps mentioned above to get everything working.

If I abandon the Eleven Rack, I have no issues... the 003 loads just fine on every startup. However the stand alone editor will not run on my mac because it's 10.7.5.

Any help is much appreciated.

===========
iMac OS 10.7.5 Lion (mid-2007)
250GiB SSD internal Drive
2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
LaCie D2 Quadra 3TB Audio Drive - FW800
DigiDesign 003 Factory (FW 11.1.5)
ProTools 10.3
Eleven Rack (FW 1.2.2)