Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2017, 07:08 AM

Default Re: upgrade from 10.3.2 failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
also, I'm not having trouble downloading it. It's getting it to start when it has already downloaded is the problem.
Where are you downloading the installer to ? Desktop or a separate drive ?

And you should have the downloads of PT10 under that section of your Avid Account. You would have had to register when you bought PT so the installers of PT10 would be there for you.

Are you using the ADMIN login and make sure that you have BOTH read and write permissions of that drive (OS DRIVE) and that the installer is read and write aswell. And that you login with the ADMIN account.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Where are you downloading the installer to ? Desktop or a separate drive ?

And you should have the downloads of PT10 under that section of your Avid Account. You would have had to register when you bought PT so the installers of PT10 would be there for you.

Are you using the ADMIN login and make sure that you have BOTH read and write permissions of that drive (OS DRIVE) and that the installer is read and write aswell. And that you login with the ADMIN account.
I'm downloading and installing to the C (system) drive, just like always. Unless something has changed all by itself, I am ADMIN for the entire computer - installing other software is not a problem.

I am sure I registered PT 10 when I bought it. I originally purchased it on the disc from Sweetwater around 2013 or so, and upgraded from 10 to 10.3.2. I don't understand why it is not showing up in my Products when my subsequent purchases do show up. Should I try to register again? I sure don't want anything to go wrong with my license or have some iLok issues or anything.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:43 AM

I'm wondering... the 10.3.2 upgrade was not a full install upgrade, so I guess it is possible that I managed to create my Avid account without registering it with Avid itself. I did have to go through the iLok process of course, but maybe I didn't register it with Avid. I still have the box of course. Maybe I'll try that.

This is where I get confused.

In the My Products section, it says Support Customers - if you do not see your system listed below click here to claim your upgrade.
So I click that, and it takes me to a page that says "ADD MISSING SYSTEM ID TO ACCOUNT".

Is this where to register it? What the heck is a system ID? What do I put in that field.

I'm trying so hard to not get frustrated.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:59 AM

The system ID should either be in your avid account on the top of the page or in your avid appman (application manager) so look and see if your see the system ID there anywhere.

And all the PT10 updates were full installers, no one were anything like half updates, all of them from 10.0.0 were full i stallers so thats not it.

If this prolongs anyfurther and you cant find system OD and not registered I will have to escalate this issue and see if A id can help as I cant see your account info etc.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-12-2017, 09:53 AM

http://i.imgur.com/RJeUnSJ.png

this is what is in my Products. Nothing about Pro Tools at all.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:

And all the PT10 updates were full installers, no one were anything like half updates, all of them from 10.0.0 were full i stallers so thats not it.
it's been 4 years but I sure don't recall having to go through all this to get from 10 to the version I am at now. This is crazy.

I paid so much money for Pro Tools, and not just 10 either, but also going way back to 5, not to mention the $170 I just paid XLN for AD2 that I can't use. It's should be simple. I just want to upgrade. I'm not stupid, but a very important piece of the puzzle is missing and I can't figure it out.

I appreciate all your help. Wish I could get some from Avid.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Is TelRay the only dropdown under your account?

Well I can assure you something is wrong and wheather or not it is something you are doing wrong or something on your system is wrong I can't say since I can't see what you are doing so I am sending this off to Avid now and if they can help without a ASC I don't know as those cost 30-50 dollars but I promise I will ask nicely and hope for the best

Someone will get back via PM or here so keep an eye out for a PM or maybe even an email.

Sorry we couldn't sort this out here but we did give it a valid try.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Is TelRay the only dropdown under your account?

Well I can assure you something is wrong and wheather or not it is something you are doing wrong or something on your system is wrong I can't say since I can't see what you are doing so I am sending this off to Avid now and if they can help without a ASC I don't know as those cost 30-50 dollars but I promise I will ask nicely and hope for the best

Someone will get back via PM or here so keep an eye out for a PM or maybe even an email.

Sorry we couldn't sort this out here but we did give it a valid try.
TelRay and some Bombfactory pdf guides are all that is in the dropdown. I definitely bought some other Bombfactory plugins too, but I don't see them there either. Nothing about Pro Tools at all.

I logged in using Chrome too and it looks the same.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
I
I know I sound impatient, but how long do they usually take to get back to you about these things?

Old 07-13-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
I know I sound impatient, but how long do they usually take to get back to you about these things?
A day or so but i will remind them now

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————