Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-18-2017, 07:35 AM

Default Dock Jog Wheel

here's small issue I've come across and am wondering if this can be addressed in the next Eucon update.

On every single AVID controller interface (excluding Eucon based controllers as far as I'm aware) that have a Jog Wheel....holding the "control key" on the keyboard and then moving the Jog wheel makes it engage....Not so with the Doc Jog Wheel. I have to literally hit the Jog switch... it's not the end of the world but it is an annoyance to have to do this... Reason being: when editing in protools if you hold "control" and move the mouse you can scrub...
In my mind I think this should have the same behavior with the Doc.

cheers

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Dock Jog Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
here's small issue I've come across and am wondering if this can be addressed in the next Eucon update.

On every single AVID controller interface (excluding Eucon based controllers as far as I'm aware) that have a Jog Wheel....holding the "control key" on the keyboard and then moving the Jog wheel makes it engage....Not so with the Doc Jog Wheel. I have to literally hit the Jog switch... it's not the end of the world but it is an annoyance to have to do this... Reason being: when editing in protools if you hold "control" and move the mouse you can scrub...
In my mind I think this should have the same behavior with the Doc.

cheers

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
agreed!. Jog should stay engaged after any transport key is pressed.

Not sure if this will help you but my work around is to use Move/Sel instead of Jog. I actually prefer this over jog because you can move along the timeline based on your nudge values (stay locked to the grid) AND it will not disengage when you hit any of the transport buttons.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Dock Jog Wheel

Does anyone know the reason why the Jog mode doesn't stay engaged after pressing any transport button?