Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2015, 06:17 PM

Default Mini Grand Dynamic Response Knob Problem

I'm using PT11 with only the Xpand2! and Mini Grand plugins - no external MIDI gear.

When I set the Mini Grand Dynamic Response knob to max and save the plug-in settings, it doesn't seem to take effect on playback- it sounds like it's set to min until I click and move the knob during playback. Then it seems to take effect. But if I stop playback and restart, it sounds like it's back set to min again, even though the knob is still set to max.

I'm not trying to use a physical controller or to automate the parameter - I just want it set to max all the time.

It almost seems like it's getting a MIDI message to set it to min, even though I've cleared the CC on the knob and the knob doesn't move to the min position on playback.

When I do the same thing on any other knob, the setting changes as expected both during and not during playback, and maintains the correct setting when stopping/starting playback (again with not CC assigned to any knob).

Last edited by Mike1; 12-15-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Mini Grand Dynamic Response Knob Problem

Right click on the Mini Grand Dynamic Response knob and you will see 4 options. Click on "Forget Midi CC71" and you will regain full control of the level. The same works for the Output Level. Right click on that and click on "Forget Midi CC7". This came up in a series of threads some years ago, but I never saw the simple answer presented here.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:35 PM

Thanks a million. Incredible how simple yet difficult to find.

...tc
Old 01-22-2016, 01:17 PM

another option, set the plugin settings as you want, save the settings, assign that preset as the user default and set the plugin to open to the user default(I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but once its done, the plugin should always instantiate that way)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave