Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-30-2015, 11:57 PM

Default Artist Mix bug with 12.1

I upgraded to 12.1 today from 11.3.1, and for some reason, I am unable to use the "Auto" button on my Artist Mix to toggle through the automation modes on a track UNLESS Pro Tools is playing back. If playback is stopped, pressing the button does nothing. This was not the case in 11. I'm on Windows 7 running the latest version of the Eucon software...firmware on the Artist Mix is also up to date. I assume this is just a bug...anybody else seeing it?
Old 07-01-2015, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix bug with 12.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmeier2881 View Post
I upgraded to 12.1 today from 11.3.1, and for some reason, I am unable to use the "Auto" button on my Artist Mix to toggle through the automation modes on a track UNLESS Pro Tools is playing back. If playback is stopped, pressing the button does nothing. This was not the case in 11. I'm on Windows 7 running the latest version of the Eucon software...firmware on the Artist Mix is also up to date. I assume this is just a bug...anybody else seeing it?
I can't find the link now, but somebody posted a notice from Avid on the subject. It's known bug.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:56 AM

Cool...thanks for the confirmation.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 AM

Here it is:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ting/PT-204329

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-01-2015, 09:30 AM

I'm kind amazed by how little effort they give to make control surfaces work.. I'm only on the Artist series but the guys with a S3 or S6 I image gets really upset by bugs like this.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
I'm kind amazed by how little effort they give to make control surfaces work.. I'm only on the Artist series but the guys with a S3 or S6 I image gets really upset by bugs like this.
I think you'll find S3 and S6 don't get these types of bugs generally. S3 is new and shiny, and S6 is bread and butter for them. They both use additional software on top of EuCon to make them work the way they need to. I bought two mixes and a control about a month before they released the S3.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:19 PM

Default Artist Mix bug with 12.1

What I find funny is how the Artist series seems to be looked on by Avid almost as an "entry level" or "amateur" control surface . They most definitely aren't priced that way, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that when someone spends a minimum of $1300, up to $7k plus for a full setup, keeping them happy and not constantly plagued by bugs should be a priority for the manufacturer. But maybe that's just me.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmeier2881 View Post
What I find funny is how the Artist series seems to be looked on by Avid almost as an "entry level" or "amateur" control surface . They most definitely aren't priced that way, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that when someone spends a minimum of $1300, up to $7k plus for a full setup, keeping them happy and not constantly plagued by bugs should be a priority for the manufacturer. But maybe that's just me.
I agree with you ... Even the basic Studio Monitor Express doesn't work, which is a bummer! I contacted Avid support about it, asked them when an update would be available that works with Yosemite ... Their answer was, no idea!! One Artist Mix and one Artist Control later ... Hmmmm