Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 AM

Default monitoring problem with pro tools and fastrack ultra

hi folks, any help would be great, ive just gotten pro tools mpowered, set it up all drivers and the multitude of stuff that goes with it, its working , i can record an audio file, i can hear it as im recording it , but i cant hear it in playback, i can see the levels,meters etc. im monitoring on headphones connected to my audio interface, a fastrack ultra, any help or suggestions would be great. is this a routing or i/o problem, im really stumped.

all updates have been installed etc.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 PM

Default Re: monitoring problem with pro tools and fastrack ultra

Does this help at all?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=30188
Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 AM

thanks mate, ill try setting the buffer size to 256 and see what effect it has, ive already installed the patch, its very weird, i can see the loops ive recorded, ive been able to hear them as normal when i was recording them, but in playback i can bearly hear them. i dont have pro tools m powered on a seperate drive and have been told that if you dont you may encounter problems, i find this also very strange given that its a computer programme after all. :)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 AM

well having spent 4 days at this now im really ready to throw the towel in on pro tools m powered and m audio, tech support couldnt help me, ive been from billy to jack. terrible service really. terrible software & hardware support.
will switch to cubase 4 and put this down to experience.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Avid

Did you speak to tech support at M-Audio or at Digidesign? I didn't see any records of you calling Digi, so I couldn't look up any troubleshooting we may have tried.

If you would like to continue trying to troubleshoot this, please let me know. I'm really puzzled by why tech support couldn't help - typically they will diagnose the problem or find out the cause (sometimes it's due to hardware incompatibilities that we can't necessarily fix - but they would at least tell you that.).