Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 PM

Default Installing PT with no digi core audio driver

hi

I run Logic and Pro Tools MP ion the same machine, and i want to upgrade to a PT LE to get the dv tool kit etc add ons.

I have been advised to install PT with no digi core audio driver, what will i be missing in PT if i do so?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Installing PT with no digi core audio driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic Pro View Post
hi

I run Logic and Pro Tools MP ion the same machine, and i want to upgrade to a PT LE to get the dv tool kit etc add ons.

I have been advised to install PT with no digi core audio driver, what will i be missing in PT if i do so?
bump
Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM

no PT functionality will be changed. if you have a usb audio interface its not going to make a difference either way. if you have a firewire interface you will not be able to route core audio sounds to your digi interface. itunes/other audio apps, web browsers, games, etc..
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemerase View Post
no PT functionality will be changed. if you have a usb audio interface its not going to make a difference either way. if you have a firewire interface you will not be able to route core audio sounds to your digi interface. itunes/other audio apps, web browsers, games, etc..
well i guess the only solution is to share the HD system at the studio, then export wav files to logic, since digi's portable Pro Tools systems can not provide the same functionalists, maybe they can think of something like to print effects to tracks that can not work on LE as well as every other non post function, either wise Prosonus Studio One just about does everything Pro Tools does now, accurate and way cheaper.

best of luck with digi guys, i cant use this stuff with no PDC, no use opening a PT session if the TDMS wont work or resolution is lower, so i get rid of this pro tools HD Demo (which is what it really is) i am out of here., thanks for the post anyway.

BYE BYE