Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Default Many problems with new MPowered System

I have a 2008, 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro, running OS 10.5.5. I have 4GB of RAM. I am using a Glyph 050Q 250 GB external hard drive.

I recently purchased the Pro Tools MobilePre USB Academic bundle. I downloaded the new MPowered 7.4.2, and the new drivers.

Here are my problems.
1. When trying to open ProTools, the loading screen will freeze on "ReWire."
RESOLVED: I resolved this by uninstalling, then only reinstalling the application files. Now PT will open.

2. When trying to install the BombFactory, and DigiRack plug ins, installation will fail. they will say they cannot write files to "/," or a receipt cannot be made.

3. When trying to use Xpand! plug in, the graphics are very messed up. The color is way off, it is greenish/yellowish, and there are many blocky artifacts. Then, after trying to fiddle with it, the program will freeze.

4. Live Lite will not open. The loading screen will appear, then disappear, saying the program unexpectedly quit.

What can I try to do to resolve this?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Avid

Default Re: Many problems with new MPowered System

Quote:
2. When trying to install the BombFactory, and DigiRack plug ins, installation will fail. they will say they cannot write files to "/," or a receipt cannot be made.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=33123

Quote:
3. When trying to use Xpand! plug in, the graphics are very messed up. The color is way off, it is greenish/yellowish, and there are many blocky artifacts. Then, after trying to fiddle with it, the program will freeze.
Update to the latest version.

Quote:
4. Live Lite will not open. The loading screen will appear, then disappear, saying the program unexpectedly quit.
Have you installed the latest version?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:17 PM

Lightbulb Re: Many problems with new MPowered System

Thanks, after fighting with the installer, repairing disk permissions, and downloading the latest upgrades, it finally worked.

Thanks!