Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-28-2004, 03:36 AM

Default Scroll Wheel Speed Adjusting?

I bought a new Logitech MX 310 mouse for my Mac that has a scroll wheel. Is there anyway to adjust the speed at which windows scroll? The up and down scrolling in PT is WAY TOO SLOW to make it useable, while the Zoom in and Out is WAY TO FAST!!!

It works great in Reason though. Good speed of scrolling, though Zooming in and out doesn't work.

I went on to the Logitech Website and it says' "All newer, well designed programs have options for adjusting these parameters."

Is PT considered a well designed program? Searched the PDF document but no info anywhere. The idea behind this scroll wheel is awesome! (but I need to tweak it)
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Scroll Wheel Speed Adjusting?

Logitech should have a downloadable control panel for their mouse - once installed you should be able to adjust the scrolling speed from withing System Preferences. All newer, well designed mouse drivers also let you set preferences for individual programs - let's hope Logitech has written some new, well designed drivers.

BTW, I've never seen a program that had mouse preferences in it, you always change your mouse preferences from the computer's System prefs.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Scroll Wheel Speed Adjusting?

Quote:
Logitech should have a downloadable control panel for their mouse
They do, and if I put it on it's fastest setting it CRAWLS in PT, and is Lightening FAST in Reason.

Quote:
All newer, well designed mouse drivers also let you set preferences for individual programs - let's hope Logitech has written some new, well designed drivers.
Good point. Their claim that it is up to other programs to write in scroll preferences is a bit lame.

2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96