Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Default Offline AAF "Render Sources" unable to delete

I'm having a strange issue with offline "Render Sources" after importing a referenced AAF.

I occasionally get AAFs that refuse to relink media for whatever reason. Usually, after importing session data from the AAF, then attempting and failing to relink the audio (using multiple approaches; match name only, uncheck match duration, etc.), I select all of the offline media in the clips bin and remove from the session. Then request a new AAF from the editor.

This time, after removing all of the offline files from the clip bin, I am left with hundreds of "Render Sources" that are offline. These files don't show up in the clips bin, and there is no way to delete them from the Workspace. The Workspace shows the path of these media files as being on the editor's raid volume.

It's not a huge dealbreaker or workflow stopper; I just have to "Skip All" every time I open the session. But it's annoying and I've never seen this behavior before.

Has anybody seen this and/or know of a solution or a way to delete the references to these from my session?

FYI, this session was created in 2021.3, but the problem persists when I open the session in 2020.11.

MacbookPro i9 2.3GHz 32GB RAM
macOS 10.14.6
PT Ultimate 2021.3 (and 2020.11)
HD Native TB + Omni
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.37.34 PM.png (85.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by originalscottyg; 04-05-2021 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Offline AAF "Render Sources" unable to delete

I'd be interested to find out if you are using the option Only include clips on the timeline in the import session window when you bring in the AAF?

I've had a few strange AAF's that were referencing a vast bunch of stuff that was not effectively playing in the session. Using this option seemed to clean up at least some of it.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Offline AAF "Render Sources" unable to delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray JB View Post
I'd be interested to find out if you are using the option Only include clips on the timeline in the import session window when you bring in the AAF?

I've had a few strange AAF's that were referencing a vast bunch of stuff that was not effectively playing in the session. Using this option seemed to clean up at least some of it.
Yes, I do have the Only Include Clips In Timeline option checked.

I could try creating a new session and importing all the tracks. I am guessing that would clear up the references to Render Sources, since they don't seem to be tied to clips that are actually in the session or referenced in the timeline. But I haven't had a sec to try that yet.