Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Re: windows 7 64 bit lost cause?

As Benoni said, "Pro Tools 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 LE both work with Windows 7 64 bit, Pro Tools 9 also works with Windows 7 64 bit."

I'm only assuming you are running a PC platform as you haven't stated whether you are using Mac or PC so the following relates to PC platform.

In my experience I have never had a problem installing Pro Tools because I've always installed it onto a freshly installed Operating System. I delete all partitions, create a new partition (more can be added once OS is installed if desired) format the partition in NTFS & install Windows & do all Windows updates first. Of course a Windows installer disk is needed to perform this function and If you do this you will first need to backup any data that you want to keep onto another drive as ALL data will be lost when Formatting a drive (The good thing about losing everything on the drive is that it provides a new platform less likely to cause conflicts with PT).

I would suggest getting the 11R up & running in stand alone before installing Pro Tools though so do the following step straight after the fresh OS Install and then install Pro Tools.

Boot up with 11R turned off and run the downloaded drivers file; (using link provided, scroll down to 'Pro Tools USB Device Drivers>Eleven Rack Drivers)
Reboot with 11R turned on and wait for windows to install drivers. You should get a message saying "your hardware is ready to use". Verify that 11R drivers have installed correctly by going to control Panel>Device Manager>Sound,Video and Game Controllers. You should see Digidesign Eleven Rack & Digidesign Eleven Rack RT DFU listed.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...3=1450&Hilite=

With the 11R plugged in (yes USB Cable only) run Firmware update. You need to be connected to internet for firmware updater to work.

Now Install Pro Tools (Best if you get a copy of v8.03 full installer deposited into your Avid Account and use that if you are currently using a version prior to 8.03). Before you open Pro Tools, download and run v8.05 updater file from here:

Yes this sounds like a long winded way of getting you up & running but I would say it has a 95% success rate. If it still doesn't work there's a good chance you have a hardware conflict going on in which case you should provide a Sandra Report;
Windows users need to provide a Sandra report

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

If you need help in posting a Sandra, here is help provided by Benoni using videos
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=Benoni

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 08-15-2011, 06:23 PM

Not sure if you found a solution to u'r prob. yet but, I was having a similar issue which i battled for months, really ........and the way i finally fixed it was that I needed to install PT as Administrative meaning set up your computer so that when u turn it on it asks you for a password b4 Windows opens. enter password then AFTER Windows IT'S FULLY Running insert the PT disk and try to install it. if not i think you can right click on pt and select "run as admin". Hope this helps a bit Good luck
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM

Thumbs up Re: windows 7 64 bit lost cause?

Just wanted to tip my hat to this step by step guide you wrote back in July 2011. I followed it to a tee during my recent migration to Windows 7 64bit SP-1 and it worked like a charm. Well done and thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
As Benoni said, "Pro Tools 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 LE both work with Windows 7 64 bit, Pro Tools 9 also works with Windows 7 64 bit."

I'm only assuming you are running a PC platform as you haven't stated whether you are using Mac or PC so the following relates to PC platform.

In my experience I have never had a problem installing Pro Tools because I've always installed it onto a freshly installed Operating System. I delete all partitions, create a new partition (more can be added once OS is installed if desired) format the partition in NTFS & install Windows & do all Windows updates first. Of course a Windows installer disk is needed to perform this function and If you do this you will first need to backup any data that you want to keep onto another drive as ALL data will be lost when Formatting a drive (The good thing about losing everything on the drive is that it provides a new platform less likely to cause conflicts with PT).

I would suggest getting the 11R up & running in stand alone before installing Pro Tools though so do the following step straight after the fresh OS Install and then install Pro Tools.

Boot up with 11R turned off and run the downloaded drivers file; (using link provided, scroll down to 'Pro Tools USB Device Drivers>Eleven Rack Drivers)
Reboot with 11R turned on and wait for windows to install drivers. You should get a message saying "your hardware is ready to use". Verify that 11R drivers have installed correctly by going to control Panel>Device Manager>Sound,Video and Game Controllers. You should see Digidesign Eleven Rack & Digidesign Eleven Rack RT DFU listed.

With the 11R plugged in (yes USB Cable only) run Firmware update. You need to be connected to internet for firmware updater to work.

Now Install Pro Tools (Best if you get a copy of v8.03 full installer deposited into your Avid Account and use that if you are currently using a version prior to 8.03). Before you open Pro Tools, download and run v8.05 updater file from here:

Yes this sounds like a long winded way of getting you up & running but I would say it has a 95% success rate. If it still doesn't work there's a good chance you have a hardware conflict going on in which case you should provide a Sandra Report;
Windows users need to provide a Sandra report

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

If you need help in posting a Sandra, here is help provided by Benoni using videos
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=Benoni
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 PM

Good to hear and you're welcome.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM

In my experience, the error is usually due to either a corrupt or damaged installer, OR it's a permissions problem.

You can try running the installer as administrator (right-click on the .exe, and choose run as...).

If it doesn't run even with administrative privileges, then the next most likely is that you probably have a bad disk. But before getting excited and trying to get a new PTLE disk, you should try to use the one you have on another, known-good computer, just to see if it works.

If it DOES work on that other computer but not yours, despite running with with administrative privilege, then you have something else going on, like a hardware or software conflict, a bad CD ROM drive, flaky ddl or driver somewhere, and that will take more troubleshooting.

If a software/OS problem IS the case, and you don't feel like troubleshooting, you could try the Microsoft-style fix: Wipe your computer and do a fresh install. Of course, this is the LAST thing you should do, and only after you've exhausted all other possibilities. And even then, it might not work. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!! Use something like Norton Ghost and take an image of your computer in its entirety. That way, you can put everything back if a nuke-and-pave doesn't help.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiless View Post
looks like im [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] out of luck, cant get the firmware to update, and my 64 bit system wont work with protools, if i knew that i prolly would have waited on this purchase.. any news on 64 bit compatibility?
seems most people went on about the software

how intuitive is it that people use 64 bit operating systems and the firmware version is 32 bit?
I suggested this purchase to my brother and its down for him. forget about saving face how about losing trust in digidesign?
my phonic usb interface is problem free and works great btw.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:48 PM

firmware didnt work on my brothers 64 bit os. Is this like the secretly rejected design flub on the 11 rack?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernon View Post
firmware didnt work on my brothers 64 bit os. Is this like the secretly rejected design flub on the 11 rack?
The firmware updater works fine on Windows 7 64 bit. The install button looks grayed out and it may say you don't have the drivers installed, but disregard that and click the grayed out install button and it will install.

We are talking about the 1.0.3 update right? if so, you should really look in to the ERXP as that firmware update adds several new amps and other good stuff.

www.Avid.com/erxp

If you have any other problems, please post again, but provide more details, like driver version, PT version, OS version, current firmware version ect.....

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 PM

thabk god someone replied. yeah my bro is having the cant get past the logon screen issue to the UI, i think the firmware issue would fix it.

I am put off on buying one of these now even though i prefer protools above all other daws. I would like to know if all the bugs have been fixed in recent hardware editions.