Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-29-2018, 10:15 AM

Default Pro Tools 10 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 buffer issue

Whatever buffer setting I use on my ASIO Control Panel on my desktop gets changed to 32 whenever I launch Pro Tools. If I make changes once I've opened the session, Pro Tools makes me quit and re-launch, only to discover the buffer is back at 32.

I have updated to the most current ASIO driver Focusrite has available with no luck. When I put my Mbox Mini back on line I have no issues. When I launch other audio apps (Sound Forge, Audacity) the buffer settings stay put, so this seems to be a Pro Tools thing. I have gone into I/O settings and clicked default through all the tabs, no change. I have navigated through Import Settings>Avid>Pro Tools>DAE>IO Settings and get the options from the attached screen shot, but honestly have made no changes because at this point I feel myself tumbling down the bunnyhole.

Any suggestions? I'm a casual user with a home studio.

Win 7/PT 10.3.9

Appreciate any assistance.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 buffer issue

Ok, I believe I found the culprit. Under Playback Engine settings I had checked the box "Ignore errors during playback". Unlike the Mbox, this dialog forces the Scarlett to default to buffer size 32. Unchecking this box now keeps the selected buffer size. Go figure.
Old 01-24-2023, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 buffer issue

Thanks, Larry. You probably saved me hours!