Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 AM

Default PT12 install problems. Error message* import DLL cfind.dll cannot be loaded*

Hi All

I took out a monthly protools 12 subscription on saturday. Ilok arrived this morning (wednesday). Impressed.

I have downloaded the various Pro tools 12 software, put the ilok in the usb port and downloaded the ilok licence manager but protools wont load. I get error message: "import DLL cfind.dll cannot be loaded".

Please help. I have double checked and I have downloaded all the available elements.

My system spec is as follows:

Processor: Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz Quad-Core.
Processor Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283.
Graphics: XFX ATI Radeon HD4850 XXX Edition 512MB.
Memory: Corsair XMS2 DHX 8 GB : 2 X 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 800 MHz (PC2-6400).
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R
Storage 1: Samsung SpinPoint F1642 640 GB.
Storage 2: Samsung SpinPoint T166 500 GB.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2015, 03:47 PM

Default Re: PT12 install problems. Error message* import DLL cfind.dll cannot be loaded*

Fixed it..basically re unzipped all files to the root drive and it worked. Ironically, just seen that this solution is also listed in the PT12 read me documentation which came with the 15 or so downloads...

"While unzipping the downloaded Pro Tools installer .zip file, errors are displayed saying that certain files are missing. If you proceed
and run the unzipped installer, then these files will be reported missing. To avoid this issue, move the downloaded .zip file to the root
(top most) directory of a volume first (such as the C: drive), and then unzip."

Not too impressed with Avid phone support I might add. When I called/emailed they couldn't help and appear to have been briefed in on PT12 error messages/known issues. Doesn't instill confidence that PT is for me.

The problem I now have is that PT12 is saying that there is a component that cant be recognised. Thats a battle for another day but it looks like playing around with buffer size in my UR 22 and launching PT12 whilist holding "n" to access playback engine is the way to go.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Default Re: PT12 install problems. Error message* import DLL cfind.dll cannot be loaded*

Welcome to the community.

Sorry that this impacted you. I updated this kb article to hopefully make it easier to find (in addition to it being in the docs).

What is the exact error you are getting when launching Pro Tools 12?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Thanks Jeffro,

That's responsive - i'm impressed.

The error message has now disappeared. I ran PT12 as an administrator and it is now fine. However, any advice you could kindly offer on sourcing a .dms file for korg extreme file would be appreciated. I have an extreme and would like to use its sound banks in PT12. I have found a few midman files but PT12 doesnt seem to like them so I think I need to import a dms file in the midi studio setup? Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:29 PM

+stop press+ found the midnam file(yep always pays to read the manual). We have ignition...