Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Default ProTools Edit Window Disappears With Soundminer Spot to Timeline

I'm running PT 10.3.8 OS 10.8.5 and SM v4.5 Standard.

This has already been ran by SM and they don't know what the problem is.

When I select a sound to import and spot it to my timeline from SM it is supposed to switch to the PT edit window view after with the appropriate pref checked in SM. After I do that it does switch over to PT but the SM window seems to be in view. Upon CMND+= to switch back to the mix view that window pops up but then when I try to switch back to the edit view using CMND+= again it switches back to the SM window, all the time leaving the PT menu choices in view. As if the edit view has completely disappeared. The only way to fix it is to CMND + TAB to get back to PT then I can CMND + = to switch between edit and mix views again.

Very odd. Been dealing with it for a long time now and after a PT reinstall and versions upgrades on both PT and SM, I'm about ready to do a complete system overhaul if I can't figure it out. I have a feeling something is hinky with the system level itself. No other programs are open. HELP!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 AM

Default Re: ProTools Edit Window Disappears With Soundminer Spot to Timeline

I can confirm I do not see this on my system. Same version, system and PT. Soundminer v4.5a65 pro.