Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 02-25-2021, 01:26 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio and DVS Monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Thanks James

Can the Focusrite be used by Logic/Live and Mac system at the same time or is it just one or the other? I don’t want to have to keep switching between the two.
The Focusrite, or any other native interface can be "Everything that isn't HDX" in your system, at once.
You just set it in Audi Midi Setup for system audio and then in the DAW's as an audio output.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 02-26-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Depending on your use case.. If you don't need 64 channels of bidirectional audio connected between MTRX Studio and HDN, simply connect Port 1 of HDN to Port 1 of MTRX Studio, Port 2 of HDN to Primary Port on Omni (disable monitoring). Word Clock out of MTRX Studio -> into Word Clock in on HD Omni.

Jeff
I did and it works perfectly. The only drawback I can see for now is that in this setting I can see the omni in/outs from PT so I can use them in session as hardware inserts BUT I cannot see omni in/outs from DADman so I cannot use aes outs for monitoring. Will do for now but I clearly understand that in the end...either adding Penta or upgrading to big MTRX is the real way to go.
Again, thanks a lot! Have a wonderful weekend,
Robert
Old 03-02-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
The Focusrite, or any other native interface can be "Everything that isn't HDX" in your system, at once.
You just set it in Audi Midi Setup for system audio and then in the DAW's as an audio output.
Thanks James that works great. Bye bye DVS!
Old 04-05-2023, 04:11 PM

Hi there,
just found this while searching for similar issues.
I have a sort of solution for anyone still using Dante Virtual Soundcard or other Dante devices with a MTRX or MTRX Studio. I've written a soundFlow script which switches the sample rates for you in Dante Controller. All you have to do is set up preset files in Dante Controller with the devices you want set to each sample rate and name them accordingly. (It's explained athte beginning of the script).
For anyone who has this issue, I've been back and forth with Dante support, and they are simply not wiling or interested in adding a 'follow' sample rate' function to Dante Controller, which is what we REALLY need. Please email them a feature request as well! Maybe they will listen if there's enough grumbling from the mob!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Missing Dante Controller Sample Rate Follow Script.pdf (29.8 KB, 0 views)