Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2015, 02:21 PM

Default FS: Miller & Kreisel MPS-1611P Powered Monitors w/ Stands and Monitor Controller

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov0.../mkmps1611.htm

Up for sale is a pair of Miller and Kreisel MPS-1611P studio monitors.

Sound on Sound Magazine describes it as "A compact two-way nearfield active monitor with the unusual facility to operate either as a sealed cabinet or as a ported design, the latter offering greater SPL at the expense of some bass extension and smoothness."

MSRP when first released (2005) was 1549 British Pound Sterling, which is currently 2953.64 Canadian Dollars.

I really won't be able to describe these any better than the Sound On Sound review, nor do them justice. After trying Adams, Opals, Genelecs, Dyanaudios, I jumped on these monitors and have been incredibly happy since then. They are amazing for both studio work AND listening, and used in tandem with my Benchmark DAC 1, make a fantastic complete package. Included are the port bungs to convert them to sealed back, as well as the front covers. In the interest of full disclosure, the bottom of one monitor has some fair scratching from a previous studio move - This is no way affects the sound, nor appearance of the monitor from the front or sides - You will never even know its there.

I will include the NOS McOne passive monitoring controller for your volume needs, and with 3 stereo inputs and outputs you can expand your setup even further should you desire. The controller also has a mute and stereo/mono switch to complete your basic monitoring needs.

Also included will be a set of IsoAcoustics stands with both short and long frame tubes and inserts for perfect tilt and height adjustment. I have the original packaging for the stands along with the documentation, accessories etc.

Finally, I will also include all the necessary cabling in the form of Mogami 2549 XLR cables terminated to fit with the monitoring controller and monitors.

I would like to sell as a complete package, and am asking $1100 USD (Canadian currency is fine for local pickup) for everything. I am located in Vaughan, Ontario and you're welcome to come and audition the monitors if you'd like - I am willing to ship, Canada-wide or to the US, at the expense of the buyer, and he or she will have to cover Paypal fees if opting to go that route. EMT is also acceptable.

Here is the dropbox link for pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g27sne4w0...9rf-VrZTa?dl=0

EDIT: Monitor controller and TRS to XLRM cables SOLD.

Last edited by N1h1l1ty; 02-06-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:32 PM

Default Re: FS: Miller & Kreisel MPS-1611P Powered Monitors w/ Stands and Monitor Controller

Two questions:
  1. Is the McOne the continuous version, or is it the stepped version?
  2. Would you consider selling the McONE separately?
Old 02-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Default Re: FS: Miller & Kreisel MPS-1611P Powered Monitors w/ Stands and Monitor Controller

It is the continuous, I actually owned both and sold the stepped locally when I stopped doing studio work. The continuous has sat at my home to be used with the M&Ks. Both are great products, and I honestly didn't feel like the stepped made a huge difference even at much lower volumes where the stereo imaging can get very wonky with a lot of other controllers.

I would consider parting it out if I had someone pick up the monitors and stands first, as I do still use them daily and would have no controller to use in the meantime. Shoot me a PM if you're really interested and have any questions!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:19 PM

Monitor controller and cables sold to the wonderful mesaone who put up with my ridiculously confusing antics today - Still have the monitors and stands available, looking for 850$ USD for them together, plus fees and shipping. Will throw in the remaining 5 foot TRS to XLRF cables for free to sweeten the deal!

I have a potential local buyer who I'm gauging for interest but I want to see if anyone is seriously interested before this goes