Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 AM

Default Studio monitoring/speaker management solution?

Greetings all...

After solely working on a laptop for a while I'm setting my studio back up.
My Control 24 of course has been nullified by Avid, and I'm finding myself at a loss for what to do about studio monitoring.

Right now, I have PT Native running 11x with a 192 box and Genelecs.
I was using Control 24 for all monitoring but with that gone... any good suggestions ?

I'm considering the Slate Raven, but even that requires a large extra purchase to monitor the room.

I'd like something that allows expansion to 5.1 as well. (Which the Control 24 allowed)

Basically I need a volume knob with flexaible outputs that won't color the sound.

Seems so simple, but the options seem very few... and very expensive.

What am I missing?

What are you guys using as your management solution? Any ideas that won't break the bank?

Thanks in advance!