How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
You can pretend all you want that what I responded with is incoherent. But you have nothing in your arsenal of whack reasoning to actually address the claims I made. I guess you have run out of fallacies.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Default Recent opinions by people who've owned both Fractal and Avid boxes...

"There have been many comparisons to it. The Eleven Rack is simpler, cheaper and requires much less fiddling to get very good sounds out of it. But if you want the ultimate in tweaking and, arguably, the best sounding device, the Axe wins out. I chose the cheaper, simpler route and went with the Eleven Rack and am very happy with it."

"Yep. I love my Axe II (and the Ultra I had earlier) but if you just want to plug in and go (without spending a lot) the 11 is a good solution."

"I have both the 11r and Ultra. The Ultra is simply a deep smorg of tones; the 11r simple in its choices but stellar nonetheless. And that's the thing. I don't particularly have a favorite tone or tones but when I'm searching for an elusive tone that will fit a song, and I go tone surfing, the Axe can't be beat. Even tones or presets that I would never have thought of using before or originally found them to be novelties of marketing are coming alive in the context of a song.......They're both staying. With the added recording features of the 11r I am having a blast and so much fun recording my tunes, something I have wanted to do for decades. For me, with these 2 peices, I can't see it getting much better. And to answer the OP, if I have to have one, it would be the 11r."

"I had an 11R at first, then bought an Axe FX standard with the intention of selling the one I liked the least. I sold the 11R because of the depth the Axe has. I then bought an Axe FX II with the intention of keeping the one I liked the best, i sold the Standard. I then bought an Ultra and A/b'ed it to see if I could keep it and make a profit on the II. I sold the Ultra....The II is an amazing piece of equipment. The 11 R is as well, but depending on what you want, there are things that the II does that the 11R can't....But, i wouldn't hesitate on getting the 11R if I was short on cash, it's a very impressive machine."
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Recent opinions by people who've owned both Fractal and Avid boxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockbridge View Post
"There have been many comparisons to it. The Eleven Rack is simpler, cheaper and requires much less fiddling to get very good sounds out of it. But if you want the ultimate in tweaking and, arguably, the best sounding device, the Axe wins out. I chose the cheaper, simpler route and went with the Eleven Rack and am very happy with it."

"Yep. I love my Axe II (and the Ultra I had earlier) but if you just want to plug in and go (without spending a lot) the 11 is a good solution."

"I have both the 11r and Ultra. The Ultra is simply a deep smorg of tones; the 11r simple in its choices but stellar nonetheless. And that's the thing. I don't particularly have a favorite tone or tones but when I'm searching for an elusive tone that will fit a song, and I go tone surfing, the Axe can't be beat. Even tones or presets that I would never have thought of using before or originally found them to be novelties of marketing are coming alive in the context of a song.......They're both staying. With the added recording features of the 11r I am having a blast and so much fun recording my tunes, something I have wanted to do for decades. For me, with these 2 peices, I can't see it getting much better. And to answer the OP, if I have to have one, it would be the 11r."

"I had an 11R at first, then bought an Axe FX standard with the intention of selling the one I liked the least. I sold the 11R because of the depth the Axe has. I then bought an Axe FX II with the intention of keeping the one I liked the best, i sold the Standard. I then bought an Ultra and A/b'ed it to see if I could keep it and make a profit on the II. I sold the Ultra....The II is an amazing piece of equipment. The 11 R is as well, but depending on what you want, there are things that the II does that the 11R can't....But, i wouldn't hesitate on getting the 11R if I was short on cash, it's a very impressive machine."
All of the points you've made have been made before by many of us in different threads. No-one actually disagrees with these comments.

Unfortunately a certain D%$head just wants to use this forum as a stage for an audience because he can't get one anywhere else.

Gigabyte X99 SOC Force Mobo Bios vF6d
Intel Core i7 5930k socket 2011 v3 @ 3.50GHz
32GB DDR4 Crucial RAM
System: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Record: Samsung M.2NVME SSD 960 Evo
Samples: Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
Storage: 2x Samsung SATAlll SSD 840 Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Graphics
PT 11HD (v11.2.1) Omni s/pdif w Eleven Rack
HD 96I/O
Win 8.1 Pro
Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Recent opinions by people who've owned both Fractal and Avid boxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
All of the points you've made have been made before by many of us in different threads. No-one actually disagrees with these comments.
Well i wouldnt say "no one" disagrees. I actually have some problems with the way the Eleven Rack is portrayed in some of those comments, but I dont want to start another war

So i'll keep my thoughts to myself unless directly asked

and Infy, its all gonna be ok, because......
Old 09-05-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post

Unfortunately a certain D%$head just wants to use this forum as a stage for an audience because he can't get one anywhere else.
Just to clarify, those were not my points. Those were all comments from other people who've owned both Fractal and 11R. I don't agree with every comment made.

Part of the reason I posted that is because, most who've owned both seem to agree that the 11R is a great piece of gear. Many of them have kept both. But, it's pretty obvious from the specifications that an 11R is not equal to a Standard, Ultra or II.

For example, the Standard and Ultra do not have anything like True Z or reamping. Big points for 11R in those categories. To get those 2 features in an Axe-FX, you have to move all the way up to the II $$$$$$.

Personally, I don't need the extra models or features of the II and I certainly don't want to spend that amount of money. Also, I feel that Avid/Digidesign nailed the gear. The 11R sims remind me very close of the actual analog counterparts right down to the turning of the knobs. I like the ease of use and how quickly I can get a great sound.

I arrived at 11R after owning many generations of modelers including a Line 6 HD500. I knew the first day with my 11R that I was done searching for a modeler. I'm home and I haven't even gotten to the Expansion Pack....yet.

On another note, I don't understand Windows XP holdouts. W7 is a better operating system in every way and you can get a 3 license deal for $124.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Default Re: ERXP firmware update requirements, etc.

Another difference between the Axe FX and Eleven is that when you compare them side by side, with the Axe its like you have lifted a blanket off your audio signal.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Another difference between the Axe FX and Eleven is that when you compare them side by side, with the Axe its like you have lifted a blanket off your audio signal.

In all this time since the Axe-FX and 11R have both been around, I've been reading about them on multiple forums. I've never heard anybody who owned both make your claim. So here's my advice to you, take the blanket off your head while using a modeler. And, speaking of dramatic differences, try upgrading from Windows XP to a W7 PC...night and day.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockbridge View Post

In all this time since the Axe-FX and 11R have both been around, I've been reading about them on multiple forums. I've never heard anybody who owned both make your claim.
Which forums? Actually its pretty implied everywhere.

Quote:
So here's my advice to you, take the blanket off your head while using a modeler. And, speaking of dramatic differences, try upgrading from Windows XP to a W7 PC...night and day.
Windows XP when optimized properly is as efficient as 7, and by the way, digital audio quality has nothing to do with such operating system differences.

Please stop frequenting the Toys 'r' Us forums for audio mixing advice.