Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack through Stereo Power Amp

As for my setup, when going through the mesa, I do not use cab sim. I prefer the sound of the celestions. When I want to play through PT, I dont even turn the mesa on. Just the USB out to my computer and use the cab sim. I like the 2x12 cab sim the best.
I was looking at all of the goals that you listed and the way that I have my mesa setup, I can achieve all of these. Right now though, I only have a pair of decent desktop speakers that I have the headphone jack connected to. If I get a pair of nice powered monitors then I would disconnect the mesa and use the main outs of the 11R.

Sean
Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM

I think the main advice was try and see what sounds best, which is what you did. A lot of the thread was about why often a power amp will sound better driven by the line level Main outs and not the instrument level amp 1/2 outputs. But there is often gain staging to play with as well, as in the case of the Mesa 50/50.

If you need the main outputs as Pro Tools monitors then your hands may be more tied, but if you have multiple interfaces it's easy to hang the Eleven Rack off another interface and use it as an outboard processor and still use it's main outs to drive a guitar power amp/fx loop input.

Make sure as well you understand the cab resonance setting--see the user guide write up on this.

Darryl
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Just read your response Darryl and I agree. If there is not a second interface, then we would have to choose one or the other for the main outs.

Sean
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Darryl

I just uploaded the rig onto www.elevenrackpresets.com. The name is of the rig is called Seans Crackly Tone. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks

Sean
Old 07-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewboy73 View Post
Darryl

I just uploaded the rig onto www.elevenrackpresets.com. The name is of the rig is called Seans Crackly Tone. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks

Sean
I do not see it showing up yet on that site. Can you post the URL to its actual page.

Also have you tried to reamp a dry guitar track? If so can you post the dry guitar track online somewhere.

Darryl
Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 PM

Darryl,

I think that I found out what the issue was. Most of the DC amps ( i like the DC Modern) I'm finding are the ones with the extra noise. Even with the gain lower than usual, there is still the noise. I made a completely new rig almost identical to the one that I sent the sound sample of, but I used the Treadplate M and the V model. No noise at all. I even have the gain higher than that of the DC Modern. I think that with my guitar setup, it just does not agree with those amps. Very satisfied with the sound now. Thanks for being interested in helping. Now if I could only get the Big Fish loops to show up in the workspace window on PT!!

Sean