Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 AM

Default Re: MBox 2 Pro, no power at all...LED lights off.

And the super secret re-boot that fixed you up is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRETAUDIO View Post
I had this happen when I switched from a PC to my Mac. Tech support told me that if you don't power the MBox down before you switch computers, it can become absolutely unresponsive. No power LED's, no nothing. I thought mine had blown up, but Tech support walked me though a super secrete re-boot that fixed me up.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM

Yeah, that would be good to know...mine is seemingly dead in the water, no lights, no camera, no action.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I had this happen when I switched from a PC to my Mac. Tech support told me that if you don't power the MBox down before you switch computers, it can become absolutely unresponsive. No power LED's, no nothing. I thought mine had blown up, but Tech support walked me though a super secrete re-boot that fixed me up.
Just happened to me this week. No lights, no power on my MBox 2 Pro. I tried it with wall wart and firewire (6 pin on both ends) and no joy. I need the secret reboot. I purchased a used MBox 2 Pro last year with no disks to use with my live keyboard rig. I run VSTs through Cantabile Performer. MBox worked great as an interface for last 9 months. I do not even use Pro Tools. Then I switched laptops (Windows 7 64bit) and tried to get it working. I read on a forum about updating firmware by launching Pro Tools, so I installed PT LE 8 from a friend's disk. That's when my MBox turned into a brick. Looking at OTHER BRANDS of interfaces so that I can be up and running in a week.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Hey Mr. Super Secret. You should post the details so people stop coming here and finding no fix. Sharing is Caring 8^)
Old 11-12-2014, 03:51 PM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en207915

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 11-17-2014, 02:05 PM

I am going to be trying again tonight to restore my MBox 2 pro using the method in the Avid article for Windows. I called Avid last week and got a quote of 245.00USD for the repair. One additional tip the tech gave me is to make sure that my Firewire card's driver is the "legacy" driver. Drivers are a not a strong subject for me. I'll be Googling away to find out whether or not I need to roll it back to legacy...where to find the legacy driver...etc.

PS. I have already switched my live keyboard rig to a Presonus Firebox I picked up in a trade at Music Go Round.