Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Default Re: fix for can't find AUDIO device/ Controller/ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by popajoe View Post
Hi' if you are not going to use FL as a plugin then remove the paste ioztope dill in Avid protools c: drive.

for your interface its the os thats holding on to it. disable all IOs there in your

control panel sound!

this also helps Vst's that used your interfaces I/O's

I hope this helps ! it work for me.
Your tip about removing FL as a plugin worked!!

Thank you

It solved the controller personality problem and I also removed the izotope radius dll from c:/program files/avid as its not needed there anymore both errors are gone. All working again
Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM

i used
Mbox pro 3gen 8x8 some of our customer used it here
so i have to look at every thing before posting that's why i didn't post this problem
we have had this problem from day one whit other Daw even PT won't see it if you don't do this.
some have had to be return.
I still used it . all daw can have this problem when the OS's don't let go of your Audio interface's
of all type's same thing go's for your vst's that used your interface IO's i found here .
I hope this help's.

syst' tec
ex BC eng'
DMS;DS;syst tec. world wide custom computer l

we like we used we play: Have fun not problem :mrgreen:
popajoe
Old 02-27-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popajoe View Post
Hi' if you are not going to use FL as a plugin then remove the paste ioztope dill in Avid protools c: drive.

for your interface its the os thats holding on to it. disable all IOs there in your

control panel sound!

this also helps Vst's that used your interfaces I/O's

I hope this helps ! it work for me.

what do you mean????
Old 03-06-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx4122 View Post
what do you mean????
Guess these tips are clear enough - just try to follow them step by step and you'll get the desired result.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx4122 View Post
what do you mean????

Hi' you must read all post by me on this ok .
i don't know what you want; to use FL in PT or not if you are going to use it in PT THEN DO THAT!
or don't install FL as a plugin if so you don't need to copy the dill.if you had copy an past the dill then you can remove the paste dill
if you are not going to use FL in PT.

For your interface you have a control panel for your OS in it you will see your sound card it may look like a speaker or something like that open it and your interface will be there disable all your I/O's there mic to some want to keep playing
music whit there OS media player though there interface you may need to connect some type of speaker or headphone's for desk top; laptop can used the speaker it came with ok. if you want to play music though your interface use a player that don't use your OS sound card like vdj or any player that let's you pick your device like asio ok. You also can connect your audio output of your pc to a input of your interface if you want but why do that win you can fin a player for free the one i use cost$. we use VDJ to play music though interface . output's 1&2 studio monitor's 3&4 to studio monitor's 5.1 sound system's 5&6 to game an TV ;system ect's.

Hi' I'am POPAJOE ; CPU throttling can causes over heating; noise; pop's; just bad preforming at time's or win using big plug's an so on;, HERE are your new opt setting for your MB

1 ) set CPU Ratio to auto; CPU Bus to 200; pcie to 100; memory to 1333MHZ.
2 ) SET CPU COOL'N'Quit to enabled ; set CIE to disabled; set SVM to Enabled; set core 6 state to disabled; set HPC to disabled.

i have had this problem and this is what i came up whit an it work's for my build's my artist are working so i hope these new setting's help you.

Have Fun Not Problem's : POPAJOE !

Studio B ' World Wild Custom' PC' are sub's of Hot Rod Entertainment; that's Me popajoe

Last edited by popajoe; 03-18-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 PM

popajoe writes:
Quote:
Hi' if you are not going to use FL as a plugin then remove the paste ioztope dill in Avid protools c: drive
Do you mean iZotope_Radius_Win32.dll in Program files (x86)\Digidesign\protools?
Old 04-13-2014, 07:23 AM

Hi' if you are going to used FL in PT you would need to copy that dill an put it
were your version's of PT need it ;see above post for location.

if you had copy that dill and are not going to used FL in PT then you can remove the copy dill ONLY.

(uninstall FL or install FL) not as a plugin ; during the install unchecked the box install as a plugin and you want need to copy that dill.

if you are going to use FL as a Rewire;DX;VST you made need to use the above repair for your version of PT . you may also need to install a rewire host
of your choice like rep.....er to get that to work ok there are some new plug that will let you pull up vst's in PT ONLY CHECK and install the FL plug ver's that you are going to use ok i will not explain why.

Have Fun Not Problem's ......"popajoe"
Old 04-23-2014, 05:31 AM

Hi' I have been testing FL12 Vst's; found that FL12 as a Vst doe's not causes PT11 to not load correctly THIS is very good New's good job! FL.but pt10 would not open.

"popajoe"
4/23/2014

FL12 has not been release at this time look for it in the near future, "this one is not complete at all" ok!

Have Fun Not Problem's ......"popajoe" !

Last edited by popajoe; 07-29-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:52 AM

Hi' PT11.0.2 has two problem iztop/interface I/O's the new one is some system are not closing correctly. Before opening PT open taskmanger an check for any programs that should be close may still be on like bridge's for another DRAW!
This will an can produce high CPU uses an plugin load an or lock up's an more.

Have Fun Not Problem's ......"popajoe"
Old 09-07-2014, 05:13 AM

no matter what we bluid it will always take a arits to being it to life

Have fun not problem;POPAJOE