Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Default A Trick to jump to chan where a bus routes to ?

I am on PT 8, still thought this is perhaps the better forum for this than PT HD general...

Often I have many Busses, and sometimes not a good discipline in naming them in the i/o setup (e.g. "Drum RVB Bus" etc.)

When I have many tracks in a session I sometimes need to search a long time to find the track the bus routes to (it's destination AUX track). If there are multiple routings I cannot just put the specific aux track right beside the sending audio track in the mixer window (to find it more quickly).

Is there a trick to jump from the sending track to the destination of the bus ?

I didn't find anything in the manual or this forum yet.

In Logic you just doubleclick on the busses' send ....and the destination aux track highlights (and appears in the window). Very convenient
Some similar shortcut or key in ProTools ?

Thankx

Hard: ProTools HD 3, PCI-e core & accel, 96 I/O, 192 digital I/O, HD MADI / Sync I/O (not sync HD)
Quad-Core Mac, Intel
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 PM

Default Re: A Trick to jump to chan where a bus routes to ?

The Logic idea is nice, providing you'd ever want to mix in it. Limited, though, if you think of various instances where you send the same bus to multiple auxes, as in the case of a parallel compression setup. Another answer is to keep the auxes that you're sending to nearby the other tracks, except for when you're sending to master stems. Having a mix template that you routinely work from helps, or a typical track order that you're used to. Combine that with some well-named busses also in your starting template can go a long way towards improving the situation.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Default Re: A Trick to jump to chan where a bus routes to ?

By the way, I hadn't read this when I replied before (I don't have PT10 yet), but in PT10 there is a feature called "Bus Interrogation". Look at the "What's New" documentation for PT10. This should also help with the issue you're talking about.